The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Fariah depth gauge works....sometimes (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/9503-fariah-depth-gauge-works-sometimes.html)

Txtruckerpaul 07-08-2014 02:33 PM

Re: Fariah depth gauge works....sometimes

I'll track the cable down from the harness and follow it down. I ordered a new gauge and transducer yesterday. Wanted a new gauge anyways since the face of mine is faded and cracked up pretty bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy b 07-08-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roger rowley (Post 53536)
If you twist off the top half of the transducer there is a viscous liquid to dampen the electric pulse, anti freeze works fine because its just the right viscosity

What you have there sir is an oil bath transducer :wink_thumbup: (same as mine):D

Txtruckerpaul 07-08-2014 10:43 PM

Maybe I just needed to change the oil in mine? Ha ha ha ha ha! Lol

Andy b 07-09-2014 06:16 AM

When I first got my boat the locking ring that was bonded to the boats hull was leaking so I had to constantly top up the oil...
I rebonded it down and it's been fine ever since.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bolo913 07-10-2014 01:40 PM

Thanks guys for the info today, my depth gauge is all over the place also, and my speedo must be clogged up to. Can't wait to get to the lake and try these tips out on my '94 240z Talari,,,,,,,,,Wake on

Txtruckerpaul 07-10-2014 11:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my new faria depth gauge in the mail today, so it's looking like a Saturday project since I'll be on call at work and can't go to the lake anyways. The destructions say to use silicone instead of epoxy to mount the transducer and use propylene glycol (anti freeze?) to fill the base. Sounds easy enoughAttachment 5626

Txtruckerpaul 07-19-2014 07:32 PM

Larry,
I chased the cable down and mine is in the same place as yours, I think. It's in an area under the motor that I can barely see and can't reach. I'm thinking would it be ok if I put it in front of the motor where it's a lot easier to access?

ColoradoDiablo 07-19-2014 07:54 PM

That is where I would install it Paul.:wink_thumbup:
Just make sure the cable is away from the pulleys/belts , and I'd say go for it.
Make sure it is pointing straight down as possible.

Txtruckerpaul 07-19-2014 07:57 PM

Good deal. I have a good open spot below the fuel pump on the very bottom. I'll put it there and see how it works tomorrow. Thanks!

ColoradoDiablo 07-19-2014 08:02 PM

:wink_thumbup: