Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

z240 talari no running lights

Original Mariah Talk

Old 08-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #1

willrev is currently offline
My Year: 1995
My Model: Z240 Talari
My Engine: 7.4L Bravo
Gallery Images: 0

Send willrev:
a Private Message

Default z240 talari no running lights

Went out last night.1st evening ride since buying. Docking lights ok. Courtesy lights ok. No dash lights working. No bow or stern lights working.

Please tell me what the two round dash switches near key are supposed to do. One is a three position and the other is variable like a dimmer switch.

Any help appreciated.1995 Z240 Talari.
John822179 likes this.
  • Old 08-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #2

recelect is currently offline
    Find me on the Map

Send recelect:
    a Private Message

Default Re: z240 talari no running lights

The switch on the right should control the bow and ancor light. It is 3 way for Off, Ancor, Navigation and ancor. The other switch is a dimmer for the dash lights. The dashlights should be on when your 3 way switch is on the Nav/ancor setting. I would bet you have a blown fuse, Bad switch, or corroded wiring to the 3 way switch.
    Old 08-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #3

willrev is currently offline
    My Year: 1995
    My Model: Z240 Talari
    My Engine: 7.4L Bravo

Send willrev:
    a Private Message

Default Re: z240 talari no running lights

This is great info. Thank you so very much. I was just on the West Marine site looking at circuit breakers. I am guessing that it might be a bad breaker since mine has the breaker panel. I will keep fiddling with it and see if I can fix it myself. The wiring looks good. Boat was never in salt water so I see no corrosion. Water was like glass last night. We hit 60mph with four of us in the boat no problem and in short order! Nothing else feels quite like it.
    Old 08-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #4

recelect is currently offline
    Find me on the Map

Send recelect:
    a Private Message

Smile Re: z240 talari no running lights

Quote:
    Originally Posted by willrev View Post
    This is great info. Thank you so very much. I was just on the West Marine site looking at circuit breakers. I am guessing that it might be a bad breaker since mine has the breaker panel. I will keep fiddling with it and see if I can fix it myself. The wiring looks good. Boat was never in salt water so I see no corrosion. Water was like glass last night. We hit 60mph with four of us in the boat no problem and in short order! Nothing else feels quite like it.
    Awesome. It is pretty rare to get glass where we are at, but when we do, we can hit 55 with our Z212. We are at a pretty high altitude though, down at sea level I bet we could hit 60.

There is a chance that the switch is bad, it happens alot. Get your self a test light, hook it to ground and probe the wires going to the switch, at least one should be "hot", the other 2-3 that are on it should only have power when the switch is turned on. If you don't get power, the switch is bad, if you do, maybe you have bad bulbs or a bad central grounding location under the dash. I doubt the ground because you didn't say that your guages were not working, which would be tied into the same grounding block....

Hope this helps..