Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Z275 Won't start

Original Mariah Talk

Old 11-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #1

chadcane is currently offline
My Year: 1995
My Model: Z275 Davanti
My Engine: supercharged 454, B3
Gallery Images: 0

Send chadcane:
a Private Message

Default Z275 Won't start

Okay I spent all last night reading posts and looking at the manuals from this site...and I'm still at a loss.

Heres my deal. Boat has been running fine all week. I took off my deadman lanyard and lent it to a friend for their jetski for the day, the jetski died, I got a phone call to tow them so I tried to rig the switch to the out postion, got the buzzer but it would not start. Once I got the landyard back, clipped it on and still no go. Its been a few days now.

It cranks fine and I have gas to the carb. My thought is the plate where the stereo goes is all messed up and things move around and now I've goofed with the wires on the deadman switch so much I can't remember what goes where. I'm not sure how to check for spark at the coil since I'm the only one working on it and can't see that far if I'm holding the ingiton. I've ran a test light across the posts on the switch (deadman), both sides are hot when the key is on. What am I missing I know this is something simple and has to do with one wire but what one is it? Any help would be greatly appreaciated