Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

cuddy cabin

Original Mariah Talk

Old 06-10-2008, 11:22 PM   #1

lance is currently offline
Gallery Images: 10

Send lance:
a Private Message

Default cuddy cabin

hey guys looks like everyone is gearing up for summer.. i am as well but i have a few questions.. my 1995 z235 mariah davanti has such a small bed in it..it almost looks like i am missing part of it..when you first enter the cuddy there are seating areas on each side. then further up there is a raised bed,, was or is there supposed to be a full layout bad in the cuddy. like a removable board that goes over top the seating area so you can sleep in there? am i missing some plywood in there to make it a full bed?
also i was out on it the other week and over 4000 rpm the engine was backfiring. only over 4000 rpm...does anyone know the cause to this..i suspected bad gas because the person i bought it from had half a tank of gas in the boat thinkin i would be happy but that gas was over a year old can anyone help me out with these issues.
also to use the sink and the transom shower i know i need water but where do i fill it up or do i need a portable one ...if so where do the lines come out so i can use these options
  • Old 06-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #2

indykoch is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z212 Shabah
    My Engine: 350 Magnum Alpha One
    Gallery Images: 18

Send indykoch:
    a Private Message

I'm not familiar with that model, but the brochure says it has a sleeping area 7' long. I'd guess your seats fold out somehow or you're missing a filler. Hopefully, someone else can chime in.

You're backfiring is something usually caused by bad timing. But only over 4000 RPM seems a little strange. I'd change out that gas no matter what, and do a full tune-up including the timing, then see what it does.

I also don't know about the water, but I think I've seen other posts on here about a portable "bag" that's mounted under the sink. Again, hopefully someone knowledgable on this matter will chime in.

Welcome aboard!
    Currently - '07 Ebbtide 2600 CBR
    Old 06-24-2008, 01:31 AM   #3

ChicagoWeb is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    Gallery Images: 0

Send ChicagoWeb:
    a Private Message

There is a metal bar that goes across where the door slides to allow you to make it a full bed... It isn't very big... Also the sink is run by a bag that sits under the seats. It probably holds about 5 gallons of water.
    23.5ft w/cuddy cabin
    Prestige Custom Trailer

Lake Freeman, IN
    Lake Michigan, IL