Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

2001 Mariah Diablo 180

Mariah Boats For Sale & Wanted

Old 08-01-2013, 04:16 AM   #1

nglauer is currently offline
Find me on the Map
My Year: 2001
My Model: 180 Diablo
My Engine: 3.0L Alpha one
Gallery Images: 0

Send nglauer:
a Private Message

Default 2001 Mariah Diablo 180

Well.. the time has come. My wife and I have decided to sell our 2001 Mariah Diablo 180. We love this boat, but with my recent back surgery and other obligations.. we have yet to make it on the water. We only made it out a few times last season - and over the last 4 season's of ownership we have used it very little. This boat was purchased from the original owner who kept it covered in his garage and barely used it. It looked like new, and still looks like a 9 or better out of 10 IMO. I have taken a lot of pride in cleaning and maintaining this boat. We have only taken day trips on it, and it was never been kept in the water over night. It has rarely been docked (just long enough to get the trailer). We usually just launch it - enjoy it on the water.. and put it back on it's matching Prestige trailer. It has always been washed and waxed after every trip (I don't like letting the river stains stick to the hull). I always flush the engine after each trip (along with a thorough cleaning throughout). I've been slightly OCD and have always used quality cleaning products to maintain it (huge fan of the 303 products). The boat has the 3.0L Mercruiser with Alpha 1 (gen 2). The lower unit was replaced with a completely new OEM unit before I purchased it. I literally purchased it the day it came out of the shop. This boat (although it does not have an hour meter) has VERY low hours. I would estimate it to have well under 200 - most likely around the 120 hour mark if that. This is based off the information the previous owner and mechanic gave me. It has been well maintained by two different Marina's.

Here is a list of the items I have added:

Clarion Marine CD Player
Kicker Marine Component Set
Nauticus Smart Tab SX
New "factory" cup holders (as the original's had a few cracks)
Refurbished the factory Sunbrella cover with new straps/buckles, reinforced seams, added pole vents, and washed/waterproofed (just resprayed with 303 Fabric Guard last week)
New Deep Cycle Battery (earlier this week)
Lowrance LST-3800 Depth/Temp Gauge with thru hull transducer
Accon Folding midship Cleats
Stainless 12v outlet with map light
Auxiliary Battery box
Taylor Made - color matched - bumpers
All Emergency Equipment (fire extinguisher, oar, first aid kit, distress flag, air horn, etc)
Airheads Viper 2 tube (used 3 times)
Obrien Tube (never used - came with boat)
Obrien life jackets (youth-Adult Large)
Docking Bungee's, and docking lines
Tube Keeper
2 Anchors, Anchor lines with stainless quick connects
Rebuilt Shelby Winch with new Shelby cover and Winch Strap
Trailer rewired and updated with all new American Made Peterson Piranha/Techniq LED lights.
Stainless Bearing Buddies with caps
I also have a complete WinterFlush system so that you can winterize and change your own fluids!

Now the bad -

Starboard side windshield was broken years ago and replaced with a piece of Marine grade acrylic. It matches very well, and had not been noticeable by anyone but myself.

1/8" or less chip on the backside of the transom to the right of the ladder (also not noticable)

Small 1/2" scratch on the Starboard side near the windshield frame (supposedly caused when the windshield was busted)

Trailer has some mild surface rust around the steps and on the center cross supports near the drain holes (this is all cosmetic though). I had planned to monstaliner it - and just didn't get around to redoing the trailer.

This really is a great boat. I encourage anyone interested to come look at it. I can launch the boat here locally so that you can inspect and test drive it. I am also only a few miles away from a reputable marina if you would prefer to have them inspect it for you.

Asking price is $8650.00 obo - and this price will include EVERYTHING listed along with anything I may have forgot to include above. Please feel free to make offers. Additional pictures available upon request.

Thank you again!

Nick
[email protected]
740-336-1850

Here is one of the Craigslist listings - please note that the boat is located in Newport, Ohio 45768

2001 Mariah Diablo 180 I/O Bowrider
-2007 GMC Canyon 4x4 Crew Cab
-2010 GMC Acadia SLT
-1993 Camaro "SCCA Project Car"
  • Old 08-02-2013, 03:27 AM   #2

Find me on the Map

Send nglauer:
    a Private Message

Default Re: 2001 Mariah Diablo 180

Looks like I have attracted buyers from all over the place - including some guy who works on an offshore oil rig.. and would like to send me my payment + shipping money to my paypal.. SITE UNSEEN so that he can receive the boat for his upcoming "holiday" lol. Heck, i'm not even sure what holiday it is - "nation internet scammers day?" You would think that they could come up with better stories when trying to screw someone online.

On a serious note, I do have 3 different people coming to look at it this weekend. I also have 4 other people that I have sent pictures and correspondence back and forth with.

So, the good news is that it will probably sell fairly quickly. The bad news is that it will probably sell fairly quickly. Oh well - time to move on and eventually look for a bigger boat with a cuddy, right?

If it sells I will still pop in to see what's going on. This forum has been amazing and very helpful. I will make sure to point any future owners this way, as this site and everyone here has proven to be an invaluable. Thank you again!

Nick
    -2010 GMC Acadia SLT
    Old 08-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #3

Find me on the Map

Send nglauer:
    a Private Message

SOLD SOLD SOLD

I told the new owner Larry to check out the site before he came down today. He told me he joined, but couldn't remember his user name. He believed it was Lacorvette, but I couldn't find it on the members list. Either way, i'm sure you will see him showing up sometime, so make sure to give him a great welcome. He is an extremely nice guy, and I hope our boat serves him and his family well.

I wanted to thank everyone who has helped me on my short boating journey. I hope to be back sometime in the future with another boat, but until then I will probably just lurk around so I can see MikeyT busting on people for using whale tales . Thanks again for everything, this is the best forum out there!

Kind regards,

Nick Lauer, Newport Ohio
    -2010 GMC Acadia SLT
    Old 08-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #4

Andy b is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: Diablo 180
    My Engine: Volvo 4.3gl/sx drive
    Gallery Images: 9

Send Andy b:
    a Private Message

Good luck for the future Nick

What ever it holds for you
    Old 08-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #5

Find me on the Map

Send nglauer:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andy b View Post
    Good luck for the future Nick

What ever it holds for you
    I'm hoping it's holding the key's to another Mariah.....hopefully one that's bigger with a Cuddy lol. Until then I will be checking on the site to see what you do to your boat next.

Kind regards,
    Nick
    -2010 GMC Acadia SLT