The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Sea Fox - Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Cracks on deck floor - 2010 Mariah R19.9 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/2731-cracks-deck-floor-2010-mariah-r19-9-a.html)

bailcam 06-14-2009 01:08 AM

Cracks on deck floor - 2010 Mariah R19.9

1 Attachment(s)
Just over a month ago I ordered & purchased a 2010 Mariah R19.9 bowrider, this is my first boat. The boat has been great but it has been sent back to the dealer & factory twice to repair cracks in the deck floor (the Sea Fox/Mariah factory is about 30 minutes from me here in South Carolina). Now after picking it up and just driving it home I have yet another crack (3rd one, second in same spot) on the deck floor basically in the middle on the left and right of the walkway to the bow of the boat. Is this normal because I can't imagine it is? Does anyone know what my options are? If I had it my way I would take the boat back to the dealer and get my money back. Aside from the cracks, I have a laundry list of other problems I've had to deal with:

- screws falling out of the chairs
- radio speaker wires disconnecting
- pop-out ski hook breaking
- exposed screw visible through the fiberglass when installing the windows after repairing a poorly painted black dash cover
- windows off-alignment after removing them once to replace the dash covers
- poor installation of one cup holder
- vinyl seat replaced because it had a melt mark in it at delivery
- crack in corner of outer gelcoat at delivery

While most of this is cosmetic, these are problems I would not expect on a new boat. Being a first time boat owner I wanted a boat that would be free (at least minimal) of problems. One huge reason I bought new and not used. Anyone have any help or advice for me?

Thanks!

family guy 06-14-2009 01:28 AM

Re: Cracks on deck floor - 2010 Mariah R19.9

You should not pay 25000+ dollars for a new boat and have to deal with this. I can understand a few little bugs but the cracking may be a build or design problem. I would sit down and have a talk with someone about what they are willing to do to SOLVE the problem. If you are willing to lay down the money for a brand new boat, you deserve perfection. Just my 2cents.

BTW congrats on the new boat.

bailcam 06-14-2009 01:37 AM

The dealer said after the 2nd one (I'll be taking the boat back in on Monday to show the 3rd crack) that they would do what it takes to fix this but when is it enough? Am I supposed to be taking a boat in to repair cracks every week or two? I seriously wonder if there is a design flaw or that particular deck mold was not created properly and now I have a problem that is never going to go away. I just realized, I haven't even had the boat a month, I got it 23 May. I've only had it out on the water 3 weekends now.

Mark 06-14-2009 01:56 PM

I think I would check into the lemon law. Hope it gets better for you.

bdbyrnes 06-15-2009 02:59 AM

My Mariah is a 1995 model and I have never had any problems approaching what you are referencing... I would take the boat back and buy a model year 2001 or older Mariah.

bailcam 06-15-2009 11:20 PM

Talked to the dealer today and they talked to the manufacturer and they want me to run the boat some to see if the cracks get worse or any others pop up. Took the boat out today and I now have another crack in the same spot for a 3rd time (middle of the deck, right side, it was already repaired twice). UGH! The dealer has been great and said they will get this right though. I'm just starting to wonder how they will get it right because they have patched it twice in two different spots and each of those have cracked again.

mikeyt 06-16-2009 01:33 AM

I think its time you talked to them about replacing the boat.....and let SeaFox figure out what they did wrong with it while you enjoy what you paid for.

ShabahZ280 06-16-2009 12:06 PM

Have you considered skipping the middle man (dealer), and going straight to the manufacturer? I'd tow it up to the factory and refuse to leave until it's settled.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear this, please keep us updated with any news.

bailcam 06-16-2009 12:53 PM

Thanks Shabah, after the first crack the dealer sent me straight to the manufacturer (I live between the dealer and manufacturer which each are about 30 minutes from my house). They have been the ones who have done the repair work for the cracks. Right now I am trying to give them both ample time to get the cracks fixed before I start taking a more hardline approach. Through my research it appears there is no lemon law for boats in South Carolina which sucks!

bdbyrnes 06-16-2009 03:34 PM

I cannot imagine that they want this sort of visibility.

This is the precise set of reasons why I love my 1995 Jimmy Fulk's Benton, IL built Mariah!