The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Sea Fox - Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Cracks on deck floor - 2010 Mariah R19.9 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/2731-cracks-deck-floor-2010-mariah-r19-9-a.html)

bailcam 07-13-2009 09:38 PM

Re: Cracks on deck floor - 2010 Mariah R19.9

It cracked again! Crack #4, same spot and they said it wouldn't happen. Granted it took 3 weekends instead of one (I noticed it this weekend). I talked to Mariah/Sea Fox today and they want me to enjoy the boat the rest of this season and when I'm ready to store it for the winter they will take it and put a whole new deck on it and run it through their assembly line again treating it like it was a new boat. They are saying minus the hull and the motor just about everything will be replaced. They are putting this in writing for me and I should have something in the next day or two. This whole thing has been crazy and frustrating but I have to say so far Mariah/Sea Fox have been great.

ShabahZ280 07-13-2009 10:10 PM

Wow that sucks to hear it's still happening, but props to Sea Fox Mariah putting it in writing and replacing the entire deck at the end of the season! :)

ies99 04-02-2010 03:02 PM

I am so glad I read this. I was seriously looking at this 19 footer, but reading this thread has made me reconsider that in a big way.

jdecoudres 04-03-2010 02:07 AM

I have a 2008 and i have had nothing but problems with it also. I skipped the dealer and went straight to the manfuactor and they bascially said sorry about your luck. I wouldn't personally wouldnt go mariah these days. the old ones were great the new ones suck!
I also had stress cracks before the first year, i have stripped out screws every where in the boat. Lots and lots of them. I also have screws sticking out every where also so I know excetly how u feel. It sucks to spend that much money and bascially get told sorry about your luck

ies99 04-03-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdecoudres (Post 21094)
I have a 2008 and i have had nothing but problems with it also. I skipped the dealer and went straight to the manfuactor and they bascially said sorry about your luck. I wouldn't personally wouldnt go mariah these days. the old ones were great the new ones suck!
I also had stress cracks before the first year, i have stripped out screws every where in the boat. Lots and lots of them. I also have screws sticking out every where also so I know excetly how u feel. It sucks to spend that much money and bascially get told sorry about your luck

I agree, something that costs $25-35,000 should have zero to one small problem in the first few years of ownership.

This site appears to be populated by some really great people. But I now know that I will not become one of the card carrying members of the "Mariah Owners Club". I will do my shopping elsewhere.

Jdecoudres and Bailcam, Best of luck with your boats. I hope all the problems get resolved to your satisfaction.
:wink_thumbup:

BoatingTexas 04-03-2010 09:19 PM

Are they other model's that are having major problems? I have a deposit on a new SX25 right now and I'm starting to get concerned about it. It seems like a lot of people are having problems with the New Mariah.

jdecoudres 04-04-2010 12:06 AM

mine is a sx20. I just got inside from cleaning up my boat today it was so nice out and wow more cracks then I seen from last year