The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Sea Fox - Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Cracks on deck floor - 2010 Mariah R19.9 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/2731-cracks-deck-floor-2010-mariah-r19-9-a.html)

mikeyt 06-16-2009 09:41 PM

Re: Cracks on deck floor - 2010 Mariah R19.9

A large sign on a boat being towed around the dealer lot & manufacturer location tends to have some effect..... ;)

WetWilly 06-17-2009 07:24 AM

Painting a large lemon on the side of the hull could help to enhance the effect of MikeyT's advice :p

2009R19.9 06-22-2009 02:49 PM

BC:
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I've had my 2009 R19.9 in the water about 2 months now (it's slipped at the marina I bought it from) and haven't had these issues, although I have the carpet option so can't see the floor in the area where you are having those cracks (thinking I should pull up the carpeting to check it out now).

I found a couple of screws rolling around on the floor in the back compartment and had to tighten the bimini structure screws that were coming loose after 2 trips out. Seat screws seem to be OK, but now I'll definitely check them as well. I also found a bunch of "trash" in the engine area (the core from an old roll of electrician's tape, some discarded wire shrouds and pieces of wire), but don't know if that was from the mfgr or dealer prep sloppiness.

I have a feeling the auto-bilge pump feature is not working, as we had a pretty good soaking rain last Friday and when I went up on Saturday, I had to run the bilge pump manually to clear the bilge. Going to have this checked out, although from other posts about the auto-bilge running down the battery, maybe this isn't such a bad thing, especially as I get to the boat at least once a week.

Other than that, everything else has been great; have been very happy with the fit/finish and the performance.

Good luck and keep us informed on your working with Sea Fox.

Andy

bailcam 06-26-2009 10:41 PM

I dropped my boat off at the dealer a week ago to fix the cracks and other things fixed. I got my boat back today from the manufacturer as they did all the work. One of the Sea Fox/Mariah owners actually brought it to my house. He told me when my boat came back for a third time he took it on as his own project and wanted to make sure it gets fixed right so we have no more problems with it. The repair work on the cracks looks great! He has ensured me it won't crack again because the previous work was just patches, they apparently re-glassed that section and used something called penske. All of it is beyond my understanding but it does look good and seems better than original condition. They also replaced my windshield and dash covers and all of that looks great again (they put the dash covers on very sloppy last time and dinged up the windshield with the drill, every place were a screw was the window frame had a ding in it). The pop-out ski hook (which has broke twice on me) has been replaced with a flush one that I actually like better (he told me they have had issues with the pop-out one and have quit using it). I plan to run the boat all weekend and hopefully the cracks don't come back and nothing else pops up. I will say the 2 folks I have dealt with at Mariah have been great and really do seem that my satisfaction is a top priority to them. Hopefully it is and I have no more problems.

dudders 06-27-2009 06:30 AM

Great to hear that SeaFox finally came to the party and looked after you. It is nice to know that senior management will personally get involved to resolve issues. Looks like they have labor (labour?) issues though.
All the dealings that I have had with Mariah / SeaFox have been first rate.
Happy boating, and let us know how she performed and stood up to your weekend.

bdbyrnes 06-27-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bailcam (Post 15820)
I dropped my boat off at the dealer a week ago to fix the cracks and other things fixed. I got my boat back today from the manufacturer as they did all the work. One of the Sea Fox/Mariah owners actually brought it to my house. He told me when my boat came back for a third time he took it on as his own project and wanted to make sure it gets fixed right so we have no more problems with it. The repair work on the cracks looks great! He has ensured me it won't crack again because the previous work was just patches, they apparently re-glassed that section and used something called penske. All of it is beyond my understanding but it does look good and seems better than original condition. They also replaced my windshield and dash covers and all of that looks great again (they put the dash covers on very sloppy last time and dinged up the windshield with the drill, every place were a screw was the window frame had a ding in it). The pop-out ski hook (which has broke twice on me) has been replaced with a flush one that I actually like better (he told me they have had issues with the pop-out one and have quit using it). I plan to run the boat all weekend and hopefully the cracks don't come back and nothing else pops up. I will say the 2 folks I have dealt with at Mariah have been great and really do seem that my satisfaction is a top priority to them. Hopefully it is and I have no more problems.

This is GREAT news! I hope you have a wonderful weekend on the water.

mikeyt 06-27-2009 05:02 PM

Excellent news bailcam! Glad to hear SeaFox/Mariah took the issue seriously and made things right. Here's to hoping there are no further problems!

:slide_beer:

WetWilly 06-28-2009 12:44 AM

I agree, great news Bailcam!!

I think is important to recognize a company when it stands behind their customers and products! Every manufactures has a few issues with there products and for those owners who experience the problems, it's great to hear when the manufacture does what's right to fix it, guess third time was the charm here!

A hardy round of applause for Seafox/Mariah for stepping up to the plate and hitting one out of the park!

WetWilly

bailcam 06-28-2009 11:27 PM

We had the boat out part of yesterday and all day today. No cracks! :) We put it through the test as we had people in and out of the boat, did lots of tubing, encountered some choppy water in Charleston Harbor (yesterday) and everything looks great! Oh, the new ski hook is a big improvement IMO. Anyway, thanks for the help and advice from everyone and hopefully you won't see me posting about any more problems. Take care everybody!

WetWilly 06-29-2009 08:29 AM

Hey bailcam, that's great news!

Glad it's all working out and check in every now and then, even if you don't have any problems!

There more to this forum than just fixing stuff!

Till next time, take care,
WetWilly