Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

trying to become a mariah owner, need help first!

Original Mariah Talk

Old 09-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #1

D_T_D is currently offline
Gallery Images: 0

Send D_T_D:
a Private Message

Default trying to become a mariah owner, need help first!

I am looking to purchase my first boat this fall/winter for the 2012' lake season and I am looking for a Mariah because my father-in-law owns a 27' / 7.4 mariah and we love it. I am looking for something a tad smaller, as we regularly spend time at a smaller lake than do my in-laws. I have found a 1995 212 with a 302 and it is carbureted. The boat seems fairly clean for it's year and the owner states that it has no known problems. The 302 has had a edelbrock aluminum performer intake and a 650cfm perform 4bbl carb added. Is this original running gear? I have been looking at others and find the 350mag to be most common in the 212 and I have located none with a 302. The boat is coming with a trailer and I am picking it up for $6,000. Paint seems to be normal to good for the year and the interior is in normal to good shape with the captain seats and engine cover just be redone. The back bench and all seats in the front are original and could stand to be redone as well. Do I need to back out and keep looking? Would this make a good first boat for wife, 2 yr. old, and myself?
  • Old 09-15-2011, 01:15 AM   #2

jgreen is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1995
    My Model: Z240 Talari
    My Engine: 7.4L Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 2

Send jgreen:
    a Private Message

Default Re: trying to become a mariah owner, need help first!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by D_T_D View Post
    I am looking to purchase my first boat this fall/winter for the 2012' lake season and I am looking for a Mariah because my father-in-law owns a 27' / 7.4 mariah and we love it. I am looking for something a tad smaller, as we regularly spend time at a smaller lake than do my in-laws. I have found a 1995 212 with a 302 and it is carbureted. The boat seems fairly clean for it's year and the owner states that it has no known problems. The 302 has had a edelbrock aluminum performer intake and a 650cfm perform 4bbl carb added. Is this original running gear? I have been looking at others and find the 350mag to be most common in the 212 and I have located none with a 302. The boat is coming with a trailer and I am picking it up for $6,000. Paint seems to be normal to good for the year and the interior is in normal to good shape with the captain seats and engine cover just be redone. The back bench and all seats in the front are original and could stand to be redone as well. Do I need to back out and keep looking? Would this make a good first boat for wife, 2 yr. old, and myself?
    Wow, sounds pretty good for the price. The Edelbrock stuff is aftermarket, not factory. I would order a marine survey before buying if it was my 6Gs. Good luck, keep us posted.
    Old 09-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #3

Dredd is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1993
    My Model: MX-19 - Sold
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 0

Send Dredd:
    a Private Message

Default Re: trying to become a mariah owner, need help first!

Hopefully you're referring to gelcoat where you mentioned the exterior finish rather than paint. Sounds like a Fair price. I think the price would sound Good if it didn't need the interior work. Just my opinion.

To your other question; I think a 21' bow rider is going to make a great first boat for your little family.
    Good luck with your purchase!