The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   trying to become a mariah owner, need help first! (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/6158-trying-become-mariah-owner-need-help-first.html)

D_T_D 09-15-2011 12:21 AM

trying to become a mariah owner, need help first!

I am looking to purchase my first boat this fall/winter for the 2012' lake season and I am looking for a Mariah because my father-in-law owns a 27' / 7.4 mariah and we love it. I am looking for something a tad smaller, as we regularly spend time at a smaller lake than do my in-laws. I have found a 1995 212 with a 302 and it is carbureted. The boat seems fairly clean for it's year and the owner states that it has no known problems. The 302 has had a edelbrock aluminum performer intake and a 650cfm perform 4bbl carb added. Is this original running gear? I have been looking at others and find the 350mag to be most common in the 212 and I have located none with a 302. The boat is coming with a trailer and I am picking it up for $6,000. Paint seems to be normal to good for the year and the interior is in normal to good shape with the captain seats and engine cover just be redone. The back bench and all seats in the front are original and could stand to be redone as well. Do I need to back out and keep looking? Would this make a good first boat for wife, 2 yr. old, and myself?

jgreen 09-15-2011 01:15 AM

Re: trying to become a mariah owner, need help first!

Quote:

Originally Posted by D_T_D (Post 32631)
I am looking to purchase my first boat this fall/winter for the 2012' lake season and I am looking for a Mariah because my father-in-law owns a 27' / 7.4 mariah and we love it. I am looking for something a tad smaller, as we regularly spend time at a smaller lake than do my in-laws. I have found a 1995 212 with a 302 and it is carbureted. The boat seems fairly clean for it's year and the owner states that it has no known problems. The 302 has had a edelbrock aluminum performer intake and a 650cfm perform 4bbl carb added. Is this original running gear? I have been looking at others and find the 350mag to be most common in the 212 and I have located none with a 302. The boat is coming with a trailer and I am picking it up for $6,000. Paint seems to be normal to good for the year and the interior is in normal to good shape with the captain seats and engine cover just be redone. The back bench and all seats in the front are original and could stand to be redone as well. Do I need to back out and keep looking? Would this make a good first boat for wife, 2 yr. old, and myself?

Wow, sounds pretty good for the price. The Edelbrock stuff is aftermarket, not factory. I would order a marine survey before buying if it was my 6Gs. Good luck, keep us posted.
:wink_thumbup:

Dredd 09-16-2011 06:40 PM

Re: trying to become a mariah owner, need help first!

Hopefully you're referring to gelcoat where you mentioned the exterior finish rather than paint. Sounds like a Fair price. I think the price would sound Good if it didn't need the interior work. Just my opinion.

To your other question; I think a 21' bow rider is going to make a great first boat for your little family.
Good luck with your purchase!