Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Fuel pump problem?

Original Mariah Talk

Old 06-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #1

kemhardt is currently offline
My Year: 1996
My Model: 180
My Engine: 4.3L
Gallery Images: 0

Send kemhardt:
a Private Message

Default Fuel pump problem?

I am having a problem with my 1996 shabah 180 with a 4.3L alpha one. I replaced the electric fuel pump on my boat a couple weeks ago after getting it out of storage for the winter. I couldnt get the engine to start...so I checked the spark and it was good. I then noticed I wasn't getting fuel to the carbs. So I tested the fuel pump and I was getting voltage to it. So I replace the pump and fuel/water seperator and she started right up and ran like a champ.

I took it out this past weekend and it ran great on Friday. Sat. it started right up and ran great, then after sitting in a cove for a few hours we decided to move and the boat started..took off at full speed and the boat sputtered then acted like it was going to die and so I left off the throttle and it idle fine. I powered it back up and it seem to catch and off we went. It did that 2 or 3 times during the weekend but ran great otherwise. Then on Sunday as we were leaving the last spot to head back to the boat ramp the boat wouldnt start and it turned out the fuel pump wasn't kicking on.

Any ideas? Could two fuel pumps go out or is there a sensor that might be out? I am bummed now that summer is here. I went through all of the trouble of winterizing.

Thanks