Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Powerlight nav light - control unit?

Original Mariah Talk

Old 03-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #1

anthonybradley is currently offline
My Model: Z216 '97 Merc 5.7l Alpha one.
Gallery Images: 0

Send anthonybradley:
a Private Message

Default Powerlight nav light - control unit?

Hi, just trying to repair this as boat is going up for sale (and the Powerlight units are expensive to have shipped over to Europe).

Were these units supposed to have a seperate control unit? Mine has 4 contacts, it seems two of them go straight to the motor, and the other two go straight up the mast to the bulb. However the manual talk about putting into SOS mode etc, unless that is done inside the unit (although I doubt it as there is straight continuity from the connections to the bulb pins). Mine has its motor wired straight to a manual DPDT switch that just powers the motor one way or anothe, so seemingly no auto stop when it reached the end of its travel, and I think thats what keeps making the assembly fall apart.

I know the previous owner had a few of these replaced under warrenty, are the LED version any more reliable? Maybe if there was a control unit it was removed as part of a quick fix by the dealer and converted to manual mode.

Any tips appreciated (or a technical / fitting manual, I did download the manual from the forum once but it appears to now be corrupted, and I have let my forum subscription lapse as selling the boat).

Thanks Anthony