Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

New Owner with ? and Pics

Original Mariah Talk

Old 05-21-2008, 04:01 PM   #1

rudderless is currently offline
My Model: 91 2150 ZC
Gallery Images: 0

Send rudderless:
a Private Message

Default New Owner with ? and Pics

Thought I should introduce myself to the Mariah club. We live in Houston, Texas and spend most of our time on surrounding lakes but will be venturing into the coast and Bay runs this summer. We recently purchased a 91 Mariah 2150 ZC. Took it out on our first outing last weekend and had a wonderful time. My father, wife, and 3 kids loved being back on the water and look forward to a great summer of family fun. On to the questions now:

The access panel located between the cuddy and the cockpit has two pipes with valves what do these valves do? They appear to be shut at the moment and when I opened them I didn’t notice anything changing. The boat does have a sink and transom shower neither of which I can get to work.

From above. How do I get the sink to work? Is there a motor that has to be switched on? What is the bag under the seat is this waste water or the freshwater holding tank? Where does the waste water go?

From above. How does the transom shower operate? There appears to be two switches at the shower but neither do anything.

I believe the boat has either a fan or ac. There are vents in the windshield and a fan switch on the dash. I can hear a motor run but do not feel any air. Also does this blow into the cabin? I don’t see any vents in the cabin but thought that was strange there was air but not for the cabin.

Lastly inside the cabin starboard side there is a counter with a sliding access panel. Inside there is a fiberglass formed ??? looks like it is designed to hold something (maybe condiments, 2 liters, wine bottles). It is not a cooler because
there is no drain line.

Thanks for the great forum and any help with the ? above. how about some pics