Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Help! Need Diagram for Water Temp Gauge

Mercury MerCruiser

Old 07-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #1

Snoopinrob is currently offline
Find me on the Map
My Year: 1996
My Model: Z200 Shabah
My Engine: 5.7L Alpha 1
Gallery Images: 0

Send Snoopinrob:
a Private Message

Default Help!Need Input! Need Diagram for Water Temp Gauge

Hello everyone,

I have a 1996 Shabah Z200 5.7L Alpha 1 with just over 100 hours and can't get my water temperature gauge to read right. I've replaced the impellar and of course serviced it while it was apart and replaced the thermostat as well. With an IR temp gun it's reading about 160-165 at the thermostat housing and I've checking the overheat alarm so I know it's not running hot. But, the gauge likes to hang around 200-225 and every once in a while it'll move back towards the 175 mark where it should be then right back up. Also, when you turn on the Nav/Dash Lights the temp gauge pegs and it's the only gauge that won't light up and I checked the bulb and it was fine and even tried another one just to be sure but no change. I've been up under the dash and behind the dash through the headrest and don't see anything unusual to me but it's hard to see/trace everything in there as well. I don't know if I have a faulty gauge or a wiring/grounding problem but if anyone has any ideas that could help me or a diagram for the gauges I sure would appreciate it because this is driving me nuts! I've been trying to fix it since I got the boat a little over a month ago, other than that I LOVE the boat! Also, I am new to this site and haven't gotten much feedback on this problem so please let me know if I'm posting in the wrong place. Thanks for any help everyone!

Last edited by Snoopinrob; 07-11-2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Title Change