Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

1995 Z202 Shabah - Glad to be a part!

Introductions

Old 08-26-2007, 01:08 AM   #1

rjobe is currently offline
Find me on the Map
Gallery Images: 18

Send rjobe:
a Private Message

Default 1995 Z202 Shabah - Glad to be a part!

First, I love my Shabah and just discovered this website after looking for something like it for 2 years. It's great!!

In my case, I've owned my Shabah for about 5 years. I bought it from the original owner after a 15 minute test ride. It has ~500 hours but looks and runs like new. The quality of the design and production of the Mariah brand was immediately apparent.

Everything works great. I had a few things that I've fixed.

I recalibrated the air/water temperature gage for it was off by 5-7 degrees (no manual, just reversed engineered it).

I custom designed and built an aluminum frame structure to fit behind the plastic panel that holds the radio, the air/water temperature gage and the switches for the captains choice, electric seat and automated lift for the sundeck/motor cover.

I have one remaining item that I want to fix, but it's been difficult to find information on. I have a glitch with the LED Display that's common on many 1994 and 1995 Mariah models. It's the one located in the center of the instrument panel and says 'Mariah Boats' when you start the boat and then it displays time, distance, and a few other things. I'm and electrical engineer and have diagnozed the problem to the erasable programmable memory. It has a bad chip. I'm looking for information as to where I might be able to get a programmed replacement (the blank chips are readily available), a copy of the executable code or copy the memory from someone's instrument. I can make copies of the memories such that if anyone has a problem, we could provide them with a replacement.

I've attached a copy of an instrument panel with the LED display. It's in the center at the top above the depth finder.

Anyone have LED Display to which I refer or any ideas on this?

Glad to be a member. I hope that I can add value and help others that are members of the wonderful new site! I'll send photo's soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Z200 Talari Instrument Panel.jpg (27.0 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by rjobe; 08-26-2007 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Added photo of LED Display
  • Old 08-26-2007, 02:39 AM   #2

Straad is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1995
    My Model: Barchetta 182
    My Engine: 4.3 Merc
    Gallery Images: 8

Send Straad:
    a Private Message

i dont have the Z model (so no LED)

but are you saying that if anyone has a working chip you could copy it and return it?
    that seems alot more possible that anyone have the code from a company that has been gone for years
    Old 08-26-2007, 03:32 AM   #3

rjobe is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    Gallery Images: 18

Send rjobe:
    a Private Message

Yes, if anyone has a working chip I can copy it and return it... plus a spare. This is a very rare instrument so making copies of the memory chip would provide a back-up of the custom software on the chip in case others have a failure like I had. I'm willing to pay shipping both ways for the chip or the entire instrument, or perhaps more.
    Old 08-26-2007, 04:10 AM   #4

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Chris (Shabah Z250) our admin guy needs to see your offer. He's in Cincinatti so it would be close to home for you.
    Old 08-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #5

ShabahZ280 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z280 MCC
    My Engine: 7.4L MPI Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 1564

Send ShabahZ280:
    a Private Message

Welcome to the board Randy! Good to see another Ohio boater on board with us! If everything goes thru with the chip copying, let me know, and I'll add your contact info on the Parts/Important Links so if others are having problems, we can send them your way!
    -Formerly known as ShabahZ250
    -USCG Licensed 50 Ton Near Coastal Master Captain with Towing Certification
    Old 07-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #6

boisez222 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z222
    My Engine: 7.4l
    Gallery Images: 0

Send boisez222:
    a Private Message

Default Re: 1995 Z202 Shabah - Glad to be a part!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rjobe View Post
    First, I love my Shabah and just discovered this website after looking for something like it for 2 years. It's great!!

In my case, I've owned my Shabah for about 5 years. I bought it from the original owner after a 15 minute test ride. It has ~500 hours but looks and runs like new. The quality of the design and production of the Mariah brand was immediately apparent.

Everything works great. I had a few things that I've fixed.

I recalibrated the air/water temperature gage for it was off by 5-7 degrees (no manual, just reversed engineered it).

I custom designed and built an aluminum frame structure to fit behind the plastic panel that holds the radio, the air/water temperature gage and the switches for the captains choice, electric seat and automated lift for the sundeck/motor cover.

I have one remaining item that I want to fix, but it's been difficult to find information on. I have a glitch with the LED Display that's common on many 1994 and 1995 Mariah models. It's the one located in the center of the instrument panel and says 'Mariah Boats' when you start the boat and then it displays time, distance, and a few other things. I'm and electrical engineer and have diagnozed the problem to the erasable programmable memory. It has a bad chip. I'm looking for information as to where I might be able to get a programmed replacement (the blank chips are readily available), a copy of the executable code or copy the memory from someone's instrument. I can make copies of the memories such that if anyone has a problem, we could provide them with a replacement.

I've attached a copy of an instrument panel with the LED display. It's in the center at the top above the depth finder.

Anyone have LED Display to which I refer or any ideas on this?

Glad to be a member. I hope that I can add value and help others that are members of the wonderful new site! I'll send photo's soon.
    are you still on line. If so a quick question. simply one. I just have forgotten the answer. When i turn on my ignition I keep hearing an alam going off. Lound high pitched squel. do know what is causing that?
    Al
    Old 07-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #7

Phlorida is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: 250 Sundancer
    My Engine: 5.7L Bravo II
    Gallery Images: 0

Send Phlorida:
    a Private Message

BosieZ - You response is off topic and a reply to a three year old thread. You should ask your question under the general maintenance forum section.
    Old 07-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #8

Z 202 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: Mariah Shabah 202
    My Engine: 5.7L Alpha 1
    Gallery Images: 6

Send Z 202:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by boisez222 View Post
    are you still on line. If so a quick question. simply one. I just have forgotten the answer. When i turn on my ignition I keep hearing an alam going off. Lound high pitched squel. do know what is causing that?
    Al
    Persistent alarm reasons: Squealing ignition

My Shabah is using what the hybrids are saving!