The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   1995 Z202 Shabah - Glad to be a part! (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/252-1995-z202-shabah-glad-part.html)

rjobe 08-26-2007 01:08 AM

1995 Z202 Shabah - Glad to be a part!

1 Attachment(s)
First, I love my Shabah and just discovered this website after looking for something like it for 2 years. It's great!!

In my case, I've owned my Shabah for about 5 years. I bought it from the original owner after a 15 minute test ride. It has ~500 hours but looks and runs like new. The quality of the design and production of the Mariah brand was immediately apparent.

Everything works great. I had a few things that I've fixed.

I recalibrated the air/water temperature gage for it was off by 5-7 degrees (no manual, just reversed engineered it).

I custom designed and built an aluminum frame structure to fit behind the plastic panel that holds the radio, the air/water temperature gage and the switches for the captains choice, electric seat and automated lift for the sundeck/motor cover.

I have one remaining item that I want to fix, but it's been difficult to find information on. I have a glitch with the LED Display that's common on many 1994 and 1995 Mariah models. It's the one located in the center of the instrument panel and says 'Mariah Boats' when you start the boat and then it displays time, distance, and a few other things. I'm and electrical engineer and have diagnozed the problem to the erasable programmable memory. It has a bad chip. I'm looking for information as to where I might be able to get a programmed replacement (the blank chips are readily available), a copy of the executable code or copy the memory from someone's instrument. I can make copies of the memories such that if anyone has a problem, we could provide them with a replacement.

I've attached a copy of an instrument panel with the LED display. It's in the center at the top above the depth finder.

Anyone have LED Display to which I refer or any ideas on this?

Glad to be a member. I hope that I can add value and help others that are members of the wonderful new site! I'll send photo's soon.

Straad 08-26-2007 02:39 AM

i dont have the Z model (so no LED)

but are you saying that if anyone has a working chip you could copy it and return it?
that seems alot more possible that anyone have the code from a company that has been gone for years

rjobe 08-26-2007 03:32 AM

Yes, if anyone has a working chip I can copy it and return it... plus a spare. This is a very rare instrument so making copies of the memory chip would provide a back-up of the custom software on the chip in case others have a failure like I had. I'm willing to pay shipping both ways for the chip or the entire instrument, or perhaps more.

mikeyt 08-26-2007 04:10 AM

Chris (Shabah Z250) our admin guy needs to see your offer. He's in Cincinatti so it would be close to home for you.

ShabahZ280 08-26-2007 11:20 PM

Welcome to the board Randy! Good to see another Ohio boater on board with us! If everything goes thru with the chip copying, let me know, and I'll add your contact info on the Parts/Important Links so if others are having problems, we can send them your way!

boisez222 07-17-2010 08:18 PM

Re: 1995 Z202 Shabah - Glad to be a part!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjobe (Post 895)
First, I love my Shabah and just discovered this website after looking for something like it for 2 years. It's great!!

In my case, I've owned my Shabah for about 5 years. I bought it from the original owner after a 15 minute test ride. It has ~500 hours but looks and runs like new. The quality of the design and production of the Mariah brand was immediately apparent.

Everything works great. I had a few things that I've fixed.

I recalibrated the air/water temperature gage for it was off by 5-7 degrees (no manual, just reversed engineered it).

I custom designed and built an aluminum frame structure to fit behind the plastic panel that holds the radio, the air/water temperature gage and the switches for the captains choice, electric seat and automated lift for the sundeck/motor cover.

I have one remaining item that I want to fix, but it's been difficult to find information on. I have a glitch with the LED Display that's common on many 1994 and 1995 Mariah models. It's the one located in the center of the instrument panel and says 'Mariah Boats' when you start the boat and then it displays time, distance, and a few other things. I'm and electrical engineer and have diagnozed the problem to the erasable programmable memory. It has a bad chip. I'm looking for information as to where I might be able to get a programmed replacement (the blank chips are readily available), a copy of the executable code or copy the memory from someone's instrument. I can make copies of the memories such that if anyone has a problem, we could provide them with a replacement.

I've attached a copy of an instrument panel with the LED display. It's in the center at the top above the depth finder.

Anyone have LED Display to which I refer or any ideas on this?

Glad to be a member. I hope that I can add value and help others that are members of the wonderful new site! I'll send photo's soon.

are you still on line. If so a quick question. simply one. I just have forgotten the answer. When i turn on my ignition I keep hearing an alam going off. Lound high pitched squel. do know what is causing that?
Al

Phlorida 07-17-2010 08:47 PM

BosieZ - You response is off topic and a reply to a three year old thread. You should ask your question under the general maintenance forum section.

Z 202 07-18-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boisez222 (Post 24033)
are you still on line. If so a quick question. simply one. I just have forgotten the answer. When i turn on my ignition I keep hearing an alam going off. Lound high pitched squel. do know what is causing that?
Al

Persistent alarm reasons: http://www.mariahownersclub.com/foru...html#post23511