Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

New member - old Mariah 212Z Shabah

Introductions

Old 07-22-2008, 06:47 PM   #1

George Jones is currently offline
Find me on the Map
My Model: 1994 Z212 Shabah 5.7 Y
Gallery Images: 0

Send George Jones:
a Private Message

Question New member - old Mariah 212Z Shabah

Good day to all Mariah Club Members!
I recently happened upon a steal-of-a-deal on a 1994 Z212. Unfortunately (wouldn't have been a deal otherwise) the boat has been poorly looked after, has seen some hard use, and sustained damage that was incorrectly repaired. I don't have any details of how the damage occured, but here's a summary of makeshift repairs;
1) Leg housing broken at pivot point. Weld repair OK, but not pretty.
2) Windshield must have been badly damaged as it has been replaced with an incorrect unit, which also has a broken section. The replacement unit does not extend back to raised section of the hull.
3) Air pump and deck lid air cylinders missing. The boat also has air operated thru-hull/leg exhaust shift, which of course does not work without the air pump.
4) Swim platform ladder replaced with incorrect unit.
5) Some gauges replaced with aftermarket units, and not working or correctly set up.
6) Hull was repainted, not to original graphics.
7) Biggest issue - engine was not drained (winterized) a couple years ago when previous owner last had it in the water, and the block is cracked. Replacement engine (5.7 L) is now in hand and will be installed soon.

This is a YAMAHA drive. Does anyone else out there have Yamaha engine/outdrive setup? I have learned (never had any Yamaha equipment previously) that Yamaha only dabbled in the stern drive market for a few years in the early/mid nineties. I'm curious if internal components are compatible with other makes. So far the leg seams sound. I had the boat out a few times in Alberta lakes with the old motor, which runs great by the way, other than gaining water in the oil slowly (about 2 - 3 hours of run time and I have to change out the goo), and it performed beautifully. I can't wait to get the fresh motor in an really put in some lake time.

If anyone can help steer me in the right direction as far as windshield, ladder, gauges, and any factory info on the boat that may help in my restoration project lated this winter, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers all.
George Mariah Jones
Black Diamond Alberta
CANADA

Last edited by George Jones; 07-23-2008 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Additional Info and spell check.
  • Old 07-22-2008, 09:17 PM   #2

bpfirrman is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    Gallery Images: 0

Send bpfirrman:
    a Private Message

Welcome! I am sure you get most of your questions answered, there are some real Mariah nerds on here The original guages were made by Faria, you should be able to get replacements that would be identical to the originals but will probably not have the Mariah logo on them. They can also repair broken gauges. You can find the white set on Ebay but I belive they used black in your model year. Most parts can be found here: Original Mariah Parts & Vendors List