The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   General Maintenance (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/)
-   -   hello new owner of 03 mariah sx19 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/8028-hello-new-owner-03-mariah-sx19.html)

ColoradoDiablo 05-02-2013 03:08 AM

Re: hello new owner of 03 mariah sx19

Need to make sure the actuator in the tongue is working. Easiest way I know is back the wheels up against a object and see if the wheels lock up. Not to be mean , but is the lock pin in the coupler at the brake actuator maybe in ? There is a way to bypass the brake system that way.
If not , leave pressure on the trailer up against a object and bleed the system. Longest line first.
If no pressure comes from the bleeder , probably need new actuator at the tongue.
Check for leaks at calipers , fittings , along the lines , etc.

rainman55343 05-02-2013 03:13 AM

K will check thx. I know if master cylinder is bad I have to get old actuator cut off and get a new one put on. Reliance doesn't make actuators or master cylinders anymore. I had the marina check for me.

rainman55343 05-02-2013 03:14 AM

My actuator is welded on that sucks.

ColoradoDiablo 05-02-2013 03:17 AM

Could be just air in lines. If you have access to a air actuated brake bleeder , I'd try that.

rainman55343 05-02-2013 03:31 AM

I thank you very much. Will keep u updated.

rainman55343 05-14-2013 09:26 PM

update on my 03 mariah with bad motor

Hello is an update on my motor situation. The block is cracked on both sides. Someone already tried to fix it. One side has some kind of putty on it. It matches the color of the motor so its hard to see. Next step legal action against the dealer who sold it to me.

ShabahZ280 05-14-2013 10:06 PM

Re: update on my 03 mariah with bad motor

Yikes..... I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope you do pursue legal action against the dealer. That is just pure neglect on their part. They were most likely aware of the shadetree mechanic fix the entire time, and knew it'd only last temporarily. What a bunch of @$$holes... Seriously, I'd get some legal action going against them, at the very least to get the motor replaced. Sorry man, I hope things can get taken care of for you. Keep us updated.

rainman55343 05-14-2013 10:22 PM

Re: update on my 03 mariah with bad motor

I will thx. The other bad deal we agreed that he would pay 500 dollars and I would not pursue him for any more. He never paid anything and I have proof that he lied about paying me. I have the proof via text message.

mikeyt 05-15-2013 01:33 AM

Your mistakes just keep coming on this one. I feel bad for you and I know its a tough and expensive way to learn a lesson but you didn't ask questions when you bought it, you didn't have someone knowledgeable look over the boat before you handed over your $$$ even though you knew it was a 'repo', you didn't sea-trial the boat and you aren't in a position to prove that the dealer committed any sort of fraud when he sold the 'repo' boat that he bought from a bank because you cant show how the dealer advertised the boat and then you have entered into an agreement to settle your issues for $500. that will likely cost you some court time to get paid and the $500 is no where near the cost of repairing that boat. I think i mentioned this before that this will be one of those examples used when we tell people what not to do when buying a used boat.

rainman55343 05-15-2013 01:43 AM

We will see. I got some good evidence against him. I think I got a 50/50 chance. I went on the Mn dealers associations website and got some good advice on laws and so forth.the patch on engine think he did. And I will have my marina mechanic write a letter and what he thinks. The mechanic thinks the guy patched it and sold it to me knowing of a cracked block. I was going to be happy with half the cost. But if I get something from him I will be happy.