Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

First day out with the family

Trips, Travels, and Meet Ups

Old 06-03-2008, 02:04 AM   #1

Brian is currently offline
Find me on the Map
My Model: 1994 Mariah Z200 Talari Merc 4.3L 180hp, Alpha 1
Gallery Images: 21

Send Brian:
a Private Message

Default First day out with the family

This past Sunday was our first day out with the boat. It was sunny and warm. Couldnt believe how many people were in the water. The water temp was 73 degrees. We didnt enter the water but spent the day doing boat trials and resting in the many quiet coves and eating our lunches. Today the girls passed their boater safety test and will now be able to operate the boat. They are very stoked. They were very helpful in the launch and retrieval of the boat. The Mariah received a few compliments on its condition for its age. We towed it with the dodge ram. We just traded in our XC90 for a new Tribeca it has the tow package but I will wait a few more miles before towing with it.
It will be at least two weeks before we can go out again as we are traveling to Brazil.
We have added 3 pics to our gallery. One shows the garage that the Mariah fits into along with the Tribeca and two Triumphs. It is climate controlled. Along side the boat is the 66 Spitfire.

Take care and safe boating

Brian & Andrea

Last edited by Brian; 06-03-2008 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Forgot sentence
  • Old 06-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #2

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Looks good Brian

A trip to Brazil? Business or pleasure? What other Triumph do you own besides the Spitty?
    Old 06-03-2008, 09:28 PM   #3

Brian is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: 1994 Mariah Z200 Talari Merc 4.3L 180hp, Alpha 1
    Gallery Images: 21

Send Brian:
    a Private Message

Red face Brazil and Triumphs

Hey Mikey

The trip is all pleasure. My wife is Brasilian, we are going down to see her family. We usually go every year. She was born in Santos but went to college in Sao Paulo and stayed there her adult life.
    I have the 66 Spitfire, Andrea has a 63 TR4 and there is a 76 Spitfire that has a GT6 running gear/chassis. So in essence a light weight body with the 6 cylinder engine and trans. Makes for a nice sounding very quick car. Actually Andrea will stay in Brasil an additional two weeks so when I'm home alone I will clear out the garage and spray the 76 Spitfire and complete it. The frame, engine, trans and complete suspension have been re-done. Some paint prep and she will be a brilliant red with black interior.
    I went to check the boat out last night and went to test the airhead inflator/deflator and noticed the clock has stopped during the trip home. The battery has full charge and the fuse at the battery is good. No breakers at the dash are tripped. Just no power anywhere. Thngs that make you go hmmmm.

Thanks for writting

Brian
    Old 06-04-2008, 12:30 AM   #4

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Hey Mikey

The trip is all pleasure. My wife is Brasilian, we are going down to see her family. We usually go every year. She was born in Santos but went to college in Sao Paulo and stayed there her adult life.
    I have the 66 Spitfire, Andrea has a 63 TR4 and there is a 76 Spitfire that has a GT6 running gear/chassis. So in essence a light weight body with the 6 cylinder engine and trans. Makes for a nice sounding very quick car. Actually Andrea will stay in Brasil an additional two weeks so when I'm home alone I will clear out the garage and spray the 76 Spitfire and complete it. The frame, engine, trans and complete suspension have been re-done. Some paint prep and she will be a brilliant red with black interior.
    I went to check the boat out last night and went to test the airhead inflator/deflator and noticed the clock has stopped during the trip home. The battery has full charge and the fuse at the battery is good. No breakers at the dash are tripped. Just no power anywhere. Thngs that make you go hmmmm.

Thanks for writting

Brian
    Sounds like a tough life....trips to Brasil every year The Spitty with the GT6 running gear sounds like an interesting handling vehicle. I've driven a couple of Spitfires in the past as well as a GT6 with the rotoflex suspension and i've seen that conversion done before. I had a pair of MGB's (70 & 71) at one time as well as a TR6. They all went once the kids came along. I'd love to get back into the Brit sports cars but it'll have to wait until i can afford a decent Stag.

As for the dead clock it sounds like a loose connection, likely coming from the battery if its more than just the clock. If its just the clock then it will be a loose or poor ground connection running from the clock.