Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

2005 Sx20 land of the lost...

Sea Fox - Mariah Talk

Old 06-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #1

LluberesMM is currently offline
Gallery Images: 0

Send LluberesMM:
a Private Message

Cool 2005 Sx20 land of the lost...

I just recently purchased a 2005 sx20. It's my first boat, and it came with no user manual. Where can I get ahold of one. I have searched the end of the internet, and still haven't found one.

Also, I cannot get the boat to trim up, while in the driveway, out of water, for cleaning. Is there some trick to this? Is there a shut off switch that i need to turn on? We haven't had it in the water yet. We're still trying to get it cleaned up, b/c the previous owner didn't take good care and left it outside with no cover.

Yes, I have no idea what I'm doing, and even though I'm very overwhelmed, we are so excited!

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
  • Old 06-15-2009, 07:37 AM   #2

WetWilly is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Z240 Talari
    My Engine: 7.4L Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 25

Send WetWilly:
    a Private Message

Default Re: 2005 Sx20 land of the lost...

Hello LluberesMM and welcome to the club!

It seems that SeaFox/Mariah included a generic owner's manual with their boats. It talks briefly about the various system functions on a boat then focuses on safety and the rules of the water. We have one of their manuals, click here. Otherwise, I would try contacting SeaFox/mariah Boats Conpany at : Tel - 843-761-6090 / email - [email protected].

Don't worry about feeling "overwhelmed", sometime we all get that way... and you have a great team here ready to help you out!

Now we need a little more info as to whats going on with your trim...

In case you're not familiar with the how trim works and what it's for, here is an article that explains it fairly well - click here.

Now to operate the trim, there are typically three buttons, one for each mode: up, down and trailer.

The "UP" button raises the outdrive from the full down position to about two thirds up where a limit switch stops the outdrive from going any farther, which would cause damage at any speed over idle. It is used for trimming the bow up while under way.

The "Down" button lowers the out drive from all positions. This is used for lowering the outdrive from the trailer position and for trimming the bow down for taking off or under way.

The "Trailer" button can raise the outdrive from all positions and is the only way to raise the outdrive the remaining one third beyond the limit switch. It is used only at idle when the motor is running and to gain necessary ground clearance when launching, retrieving and trailering. This button can also be used to raise the out drive in place of the "UP" button while under way in an emergency, but since it bypasses the limit switch, it is very easy to raise the outdrive too far causing considerable damage! So unless you are very very familiar with the trim, don't try this at any engine speed except idle!

Now for some questions:

1) Are you familiar with the trim system and it's operation?

2) Do you know which trim mode is not working, the "Up" or "Trailer" or are they both out?

3) When the outdrive doesn't go up, can you hear thr trim pump running?

4) Do you know the model of your throttle/shifter controller?

5) How many buttons do you have on the controller for operating the up, down and trailer trim functions, two or three?

I know these questions seems like a lot so take your time and when you have some answers, let us know.

Good luck,
    WetWilly

Last edited by WetWilly; 06-15-2009 at 07:40 AM.
    Old 07-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #3

LluberesMM is currently offline
    Gallery Images: 0

Send LluberesMM:
    a Private Message

Wet Willy,
    Thanks for your reply. After a lot of diggin' around, we found out that the battery cable attachment was corroded and needed to be replaced. Once we did that, the boat fired right up and we were able to adjust the trim, as needed. Whew!!
    Old 07-29-2009, 11:42 PM   #4

WetWilly is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Z240 Talari
    My Engine: 7.4L Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 25

Send WetWilly:
    a Private Message

That's great news LluberesMM

So it was that darn corrosion at it again... yup, that'll cause all sorts of problems, so anytime you have any electrical issues, check for that dreaded corrosion at the battery, terminals and grounds, plugs, sockets and fuse box.

WetWilly