The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Projects (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/)
-   -   Pictures of some of my projects/modifications (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/2757-pictures-some-my-projects-modifications.html)

Talari240ZinAZ 06-15-2009 11:52 PM

Pictures of some of my projects/modifications

I finally got around to uploading pictures of some of modification projects that I've undertook since I boat my boat. I went ahead and placed them as sets in my gallery along with a short description of the project.

Installed thru-hull exhaust/Corsa diverters

Automatic Fire Extinguisher and Vapor Detector

Second battery/battery combiner and onboard charger

Replaced original mechanical hatch lifters with hydraulic system

Bennett Sport Trim Tabs

Flush-mounted VHF radio, Stainless Docking Lights, Stainless Rub Rail, mid-ship cleats, replaced fixed-height seat pedestals

If anyone has any questions or wants additional detail, just let me know.

WetWilly 06-16-2009 05:48 PM

Re: Pictures of some of my projects/modifications

Hi Talari240ZinAZ, nice job on those cutouts and tabs! :wink_thumbup:

I assume you've had the cutouts on for quite some time, have you ever experienced any problems with slowing down quickly and getting water in the tips?

I have been worried about the water because the way our Talari sits, with the tips in the same location as yours, they would only be a couple of inches above the water line at rest and any quick slowdown would jam water right into them. I would have thought it would be the same issue for you, guess those flapper valves and the 3" extensions really do solve this problem.

I believe our Z240 would use the same kit as yours so I was wondering if you happen to remember the Kit or model number of your cutout system.

Thanks,
WetWilly

bdbyrnes 06-16-2009 09:27 PM

I just ordered from Corsa. Since we share the same boat I can provide all the info for you.

Brent

Talari240ZinAZ 06-16-2009 09:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've never had a problem with backwash getting back up through the exhaust. I was down in Rocky Point on the Sea of Cortez back in the late 90's and took some pretty good breakers square against the back of the boat when the engine wasn't running. Didn't hurt a thing although I just about had a heart attack looking at my Z240 leaning to the side up on the beach. Surely have to thank God there were plenty of people to help push the boat back off the beach when the tide came back in. :eek_animated::yes_grin:

Corsa part numbers in the kit were:

Make sure you have both your engine serial # and hull # to provide them with your order.

13147MB11 - Pair Merc 454/502 Elec Valve with offset.
11000MBI1 - Pair 4" Angle Cut Tips for Mariah Boats.
1700 - Pair Std. Hoses 5" and Clamp Kit (8).

WetWilly 06-17-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talari240ZinAZ (Post 15356)
I just about had a heart attack looking at my Z240 leaning to the side up on the beach. Surely have to thank God there were plenty of people to help push the boat back off the beach when the tide came back in. :eek_animated::yes_grin:

Hi Talari240ZinAZ, many thanks for the part numbers and the ordering tip and bdbyrnes, anything you can add would be appreciated as well :wink_thumbup:

OMG!! Your Talari looks a whole lot bigger when it's beached!!! :eek::jaw_drop::eek_animated:

WetWilly

Z 202 06-26-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWilly (Post 15339)

I assume you've had the cutouts on for quite some time, have you ever experienced any problems with slowing down quickly and getting water in the tips?

The Corsa tips have an anti surge valve to eliminate such a problem, and valves come with a lifetime warranty. I don't know if that covers engine damage due to failure, but my guess is it's a non-issue.

WetWilly 07-14-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdbyrnes (Post 15352)
I just ordered from Corsa. Since we share the same boat I can provide all the info for you.

Brent

Hi Brent,

Could I bother you for the the info and part numbers on your Corsa exhaust... are they similar to Talari240ZinAZ system?

WetWilly

bdbyrnes 07-14-2009 02:52 PM

Not sure the part numbers; I called Jim and he took care of everything...

Just tell him we have the same boat and you're all set.

Brent

Jim Browning Jr.
Auto Sales Channel Manager
CORSA Performance Exhausts/GIL Marine
A TMG Performance Products Company
800.486.0999 ext 112
440.891.1868 fax
www.corsaperformance.com <http://www.corsaperformance.com>

WetWilly 07-19-2009 01:59 PM

Thanks a bunch Brent! :wink_thumbup: