The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   First Launch of the Season! (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/943-first-launch-season.html)

ShabahZ280 04-07-2008 08:30 PM

Good to see you got the boat out this weekend! Nice WJ, I used to have a 99 Limited with the 4.7L, towed my Z250 with it for a year before upgrading to the Excursion.

I know of two propeller shops in Cincinnati that could repair it for you.

Pitt's Propeller Service in Newtown, OH 513-272-2266
Delta Propellers in Cleves, OH 513-467-0601

I remember I did something similar in my old Sea Ray, and I want to say it only ran me about $75 to get it repaired. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

CameronBrian2120 04-07-2008 08:41 PM

I actually am going to "re-sell" it to the shop where I ordered the replacement from, they offered me $80 bucks for it, so what the hey, brings the cost of $248 down! Which is a plus!

dudders 04-08-2008 03:35 AM

A bit ofF subject here, but I am thinking of getting a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but heard they are heavy on fuel, what do you guys reckon seeing as how you drive them all the time.
CHeers
Tony

DrMatthewDunn 04-08-2008 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CameronBrian2120 (Post 5430)
I was thinking stainless, but I wasn't sure, I already put in the order for an OEM replacement 14.25 and 21p... Alot more $$$ by the way too :(

My father is a long-long-long time experienced boater and I've learned the hard way to value his quiet comments. On stainless steel props, he didn't question the performance gain, but he said "if you hit a rock with a stainless prop, you bust your shaft or your motor, not your $200 prop." If your bro had "played rock" with a stainless prop it might have been a far worse outcome! Not speaking from direct experience, just sharing the advice. NICE-looking boat BTW!

Z275 04-08-2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrMatthewDunn (Post 5454)
My father is a long-long-long time experienced boater and I've learned the hard way to value his quiet comments. On stainless steel props, he didn't question the performance gain, but he said "if you hit a rock with a stainless prop, you bust your shaft or your motor, not your $200 prop." If your bro had "played rock" with a stainless prop it might have been a far worse outcome! Not speaking from direct experience, just sharing the advice. NICE-looking boat BTW!

I'd say it really depends where you boat most often. The biggest problem with most lake boaters is mud, gravel, buried trees, and floaters. Those can destroy an aluminum prop in no time and leave you stranded. The cost of buying 2 aluminum props will get you a stainless one which can stand up to that kind of stuff very well. Stainless props also tend to give you better performance and especially gas mileage after a decent amount of use because they don't deform and chip up like the aluminum ones. Just my $.02 :)

Z 202 04-08-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrMatthewDunn (Post 5454)

I was told this a couple of times as well. However I've heard a lot of wisdom to dispell this as a non-issue now that most props have a hub that will slip before real damage to the internals becomes an issue.

Tony: I have a 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited with the 4.7L gas. I get between 11L/100km highway and 16L/100km city. pm me if you want more info.