Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

2000 Shabah 250z - good deal?

Original Mariah Talk

Old 05-05-2014, 05:19 AM   #1

watertoad is currently offline
My Year: 2000
My Model: Z250 LE
My Engine: 7.4L Bravo III
Gallery Images: 0

Send watertoad:
a Private Message

Default 2000 Shabah z250 Limited Edition 7.4l - good deal?

Hey guys, just joined the forum to get some info on a boat I looked at this evening. It's a 2000 Mariah Shabah z250 (limited edition), 180 original hours, 7.4l 454 engine, etc. Guys owned it 8 years, super low mileage, boat is beautiful inside and out. Here is the link to it:

Low Hours - Rare Mariah Cuddy

The guy is asking $23k for it, and said he already refused a bunch of "low balls" at $15k. Is $23k a good price for this boat? I've never seen a 2000 Mariah go for over $13k here on this forum, so it seems a bit steep. The boat comes with all the bells and whistles, including $6k worth of custom canvas (bimini top, etc). Anything I should look out for with this boat?

Also, will this boat be hard to sell when it comes time to sell it 1-5 years down the line? Are these boats in high demand, or is a $20k Mariah hard to sell? He said he bought it for $40's about 8 years ago, and had a $90k sticker when it was new.

Any info would be helpful...excited to finally be looking at boats!

Last edited by watertoad; 05-05-2014 at 04:06 PM. Reason: incorrect boat name
  • Old 05-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #2

Send watertoad:
    a Private Message

Default Re: 2000 Shabah 250z - good deal?

Bumpp
    Old 05-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #3

Motoxxx43 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: Shabah 250
    My Engine: 7.4 MPI Bravo I
    Gallery Images: 11

Send Motoxxx43:
    a Private Message

That boat has been for sale for quite a while. I almost ended up looking at it myself but I purchased one in Phoenix. I have a 2000 Shabah 250 and it is only short a couple items to have it at the Z level that the yellow one is at. In my opinion that price is not too bad at all. I didnt pay a whole lot less for mine and mine needed outdrive work and this winter I just dumped 2k into the trailer. So 23k is not far at all from where Im in on mine. PLUS I need upholstery work soon.
    Is it going to be hard to resale? Depends. It took me 2 years to sell my other Mariah and it ended up selling in two days on eBay. It all depends though, timing is everything. Get on SearchTempest Online Classifieds Search - All the Classifieds. One Search. and search Mariah 250. Set the range to encompass America. There are a few other Z250 on there and they are right in the 20k range. That yellow boat being a bold color, low hour and clean condition with the add-ons would be worth a little more up front in my opinion.

What to expect with the boat? Im at elevation so performance is not all that great up here. The best I can get my 250 up to is 52 on a GPS with the Bravo One and the 310hp 7.4. Dont expect a speed boat! I know they look like a Go Fast boat but they are happy cruising. I have 412 hours on mine as of this weekend and it runs great and sounds great as well. We get lots of complements on her.

Mariahs are built really well from what I can tell. The name is known as having the quality of other boats like Cobalt, Formula, etc. so the reputation for quality is there.
    Old 05-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #4

rajjneef is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 97'
    My Model: Z242 Shabah
    My Engine: 350 efi Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 3

Send rajjneef:
    a Private Message

What does the boat NADA at? 180 hours is certainly low but ultimately it is how has the boat has been maintained. I'd ask to see the receipt for $6k worth of canvas on a boat that size. The skinny is this... These Mariah's are VERY nice boats. Thick hulls and quality components throughout. That's why us owners are so passionate about boats that are of the age of these.
    Old 05-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #5

ColoradoDiablo is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1992
    My Model: Diablo 180 I/O
    My Engine: 4.3LX Alpha I
    Gallery Images: 16

Send ColoradoDiablo:
    a Private Message

According to NADA for Phoenix area , 15-16 grand is average.
    Take into consideration the low hours , I'd add maybe 2 grand more.
    Custom stuff is just that , I do not consider those things in the purchase price. (It's still a 2000 Z250 no matter what you add to it).
    I think 18 grand would be a fair price , but I'd run her before I did any negotiating

JMO.
    Old 05-05-2014, 05:25 PM   #6

Send watertoad:
    a Private Message

Yeah I was thinking $18k would be a decent price if everything checks out after a test run on the water.

I'm sure it being limited edition adds a bit of value to it, and probably one of the reasons I looked at it is because of how cool the paint scheme on it is. The checkered flags really set it off.

I'm not looking for a speed boat of any sort, this will be our (my wife's and mine) first boat, and we just want a solid cuddy cabin boat, that looks great, and performs nicely if we want to fly down the lake at 40-45mph. This boat should do that without a hiccup from what the owner tells me, with the 7.4

Also, I'm planning on keeping this boat on water for the whole year. What is the trailer worth if I was to sell it? I have no interest in the trailer at all, and paying $35 a month for storage is a little ridiculous.
    Old 05-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #7

Send watertoad:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Motoxxx43 View Post
    That boat has been for sale for quite a while. I almost ended up looking at it myself but I purchased one in Phoenix. I have a 2000 Shabah 250 and it is only short a couple items to have it at the Z level that the yellow one is at. In my opinion that price is not too bad at all. I didnt pay a whole lot less for mine and mine needed outdrive work and this winter I just dumped 2k into the trailer. So 23k is not far at all from where Im in on mine. PLUS I need upholstery work soon.
    Is it going to be hard to resale? Depends. It took me 2 years to sell my other Mariah and it ended up selling in two days on eBay. It all depends though, timing is everything. Get on SearchTempest Online Classifieds Search - All the Classifieds. One Search. and search Mariah 250. Set the range to encompass America. There are a few other Z250 on there and they are right in the 20k range. That yellow boat being a bold color, low hour and clean condition with the add-ons would be worth a little more up front in my opinion.

What to expect with the boat? Im at elevation so performance is not all that great up here. The best I can get my 250 up to is 52 on a GPS with the Bravo One and the 310hp 7.4. Dont expect a speed boat! I know they look like a Go Fast boat but they are happy cruising. I have 412 hours on mine as of this weekend and it runs great and sounds great as well. We get lots of complements on her.

Mariahs are built really well from what I can tell. The name is known as having the quality of other boats like Cobalt, Formula, etc. so the reputation for quality is there.
    Are you in Phoenix? I haven't seen any other limited edition z250 with cuddy cabin for sale, can you show me some links? I'm in Phoenix as well, as is this z250 that I checked out yesterday
    Old 05-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #8

Find me on the Map

Send Motoxxx43:
    a Private Message

Default Re: 2000 Shabah z250 Limited Edition 7.4l - good deal?

That is the same model trailer I have. Personally I don't like it. From the Atwood tongue to the Reliable brand axles. Ergo I had to repair mine. New axles and fixed cracks in frame due to poor design. That trailer looks to have the same sag mine did which lead to the outdrive damage mine had..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Old 05-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #9

ColoradoDiablo is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1992
    My Model: Diablo 180 I/O
    My Engine: 4.3LX Alpha I
    Gallery Images: 16

Send ColoradoDiablo:
    a Private Message

Once again NADA lists it for about 2500.00
    Old 05-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #10

Find me on the Map

Send Motoxxx43:
    a Private Message

Default Re: 2000 Shabah z250 Limited Edition 7.4l - good deal?

I'm in Colorado. Purchased it in Phoenix.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk