The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Battery operated hatch pt. II (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/734-battery-operated-hatch-pt-ii.html)

Adam 02-20-2008 03:18 AM

Battery operated hatch pt. II

Hi everyone. Last Saturday I officially became the new owner of a '95 Mariah Z200 Talari. I'm very excited, I feel like I made good buy as the boat has been always been stored inside and only has 118 hours! I have a problem though and need some advice... The previous owner disconnected and removed the power hatch rams (for some reason) and told me they worked. I decided to to give them a try. Seemed pretty simple to make the connections. After I made the connections, I had to extend them to get them to full length so that I could attach them to the hatch. They worked for several seconds and then they suddenly stopped. It appeared that one ram was extending faster than the other. Either way, I can no longer extend or retract them... Also, I discovered that the power seat is no longer functioning... I assume that these two items are on the same bus. I checked the circuit breakers and they are all closed.

Any ideas?

WetWilly 02-20-2008 08:08 AM

Hi Adam,

If they are on the same circuit, I would verify if you still have power and/or continuity at the switch, seat adjuster and the rams with a DVM.

It's possible that someone installed an inline fuse somewhere in this circuit and it's now blown.

Let us know what you find, ok?

Good luck,
WetWilly

Adam 02-21-2008 03:52 AM

I looked for in line fuses and didn't come up with anything. I'll check for continuity with a DVM and let you know.

Thanks!

dharby 03-09-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 4034)
I looked for in line fuses and didn't come up with anything. I'll check for continuity with a DVM and let you know.

Thanks!

FWIW - Had this problem and found a block of fuses underneath my steering wheel dash (94 Talari Z220). The fuse in question was not blown, but must have been corroded as it looked old and, well, corroded. I replaced it and all worked perfect.

I thought the symptom was odd in that the lifts still had some power - more on one side than the other. I would have thought they either work or don't.

Adam 03-27-2008 03:13 AM

Thanks dharby. That's interesting... I'm glad to know that someone else has experienced this as well. I'll replace some fuses and let you know what I come up with.

ShabahZ280 03-27-2008 10:41 AM

Adam, you'll find that corrosion is one of the most common issues with a Mariah. Most things never actually stop working, the contacts get corroded, and they just need to be cleaned and put back together. For some reason, the contacts weren't sealed very good at the factory. :)

Brian 03-28-2008 12:32 AM

Talari hatch

Welcome Adam

Two weeks ago I purchased a 94 Talari 200Z, also stored inside but with 170 fishing hours. You learn something new every post you read. I figured since mine was a Z that it would have the power hatch. I went down and checked again but dont see any application on her. What is the nonemcalture on your switch.
good luck on you trouble shooting
Brian

ShabahZ280 03-28-2008 03:13 AM

My boat came with it from the factory, but for some reason it was removed by the previous owner. Wiring's still there, as is the switch. The switch is usually labeled "Hatch" and has a diagram that looks like a 45 degree angle drawing...

Z 202 03-28-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian (Post 5004)
Welcome Adam

Two weeks ago I purchased a 94 Talari 200Z, also stored inside but with 170 fishing hours. You learn something new every post you read. I figured since mine was a Z that it would have the power hatch. I went down and checked again but dont see any application on her. What is the nonemcalture on your switch.
good luck on you trouble shooting
Brian

On what are you basing your figuring? I was originally under the impression mine was a Z as well b/c it has Z202 etched on the side glass, but as it turns out my Shabah is missing all the "power" features which were standard in the Z model (power seat, hatch, LED display, wiper, defogger etc.)

Brian 03-29-2008 02:19 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hi

Well my Talari has the Z200 on the Glass also. Has the power seat, wiper, defogger, and other items associated with the Z package but just not the hatch. Also mine does not have dual captains chairs, the passenger side has the back to back fold down style. Only two seats in the rear and smaller sun deck on the back.

Interesting,
Brian