The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   At it again! (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/4094-again.html)

Boatcrazy 06-14-2012 07:43 PM

Re: At it again!

1 Attachment(s)
Well the pump is on and she is running like she should finally. I bought a really nice quality water pump from the guys at Hardin Marine(Hardin Marine, KE and CP Performance I think are all one company now) in Palm Coast for just over 100 bucks as well as a high flow 160 degree thermostat. Ran the engine for almost 45 minutes and never got over 125 so now hopefully when she is under load I am going to be right where I need to be. Used my old igloo marine cooler to draw water from to make sure all cooling components are working correctly.

thagno 06-15-2012 04:11 AM

that's just some determination and love for your boat for sure! i would have done the same thing for mine as i consider my boat really one of my priced possessions and it has always been taken care of very well as i make sure that everything is ok but then i reckon my model is getting old too so i do experience some stuff that needs fixing every once in a while. i admire your perseverance and your love for your boat, keep up the good work!

luke7575 08-07-2013 04:11 AM

i know this hasnt been active for almost a year but man great job, also quick question

How many batteries are u running and how are they wired please im about to fully upgrade my stereo?

And want to make sure im gonna b fine with the 3 batteries i have now

gahooligan 08-09-2013 02:11 AM

Just read this entire post. Unbelieveable!! Killer job on the rebuild and customization!! One day I want a bigger Mariah. I don't care how old they get, I love these boats!

luke7575 10-09-2013 08:35 PM

I got one more question if u ever get back on here u think that tower can b wakeboard of it?

doaclnr 10-09-2013 10:02 PM

I just came across this today... HOLY COW what an awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can only imagine the Blood, Sweat and Tears you put in your boat!!! Unfreakin believable!!!:wink_thumbup:

Mariah350 10-11-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boatcrazy (Post 36249)
And the rest

Still can't believe how that could happen to a boat of mine???

Boat looks great! Congrats

However, two things done wrong. First, what is with those bent exhaust tips that empty below the water line? Those are some ugly exhaust tips. You are defeating the purpose of through hull exhaust with added back pressure on the motor. It's hard enough to get that heavy hull out of the water.:shakehead:

Second, get rid of the tower which ruins the lines of the boat. It is a sport boat not a ski boat.

IMO:)

Anyway, Good Luck

ColoradoDiablo 10-11-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariah350 (Post 49394)

However, two things done wrong. First, what is with those bent exhaust tips that empty below the water line? Those are some ugly exhaust tips. You are defeating the purpose of through hull exhaust with added back pressure on the motor. It's hard enough to get that heavy hull out of the water.:shakehead:

Second, get rid of the tower which ruins the lines of the boat. It is a sport boat not a ski boat.

Different strokes for different folks...........after all..........it is his boat.:rolleyes:

Dredd 10-11-2013 08:50 PM

The bent pipes are called "turn-downs." Nobody really wants them but people typically use them on waterways where there are strict noise restrictions.

Mariah350 10-13-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dredd (Post 49403)
The bent pipes are called "turn-downs." Nobody really wants them but people typically use them on waterways where there are strict noise restrictions.

That's what silencers (inline, clamp on) are for with very little power loss or speed.:wink_thumbup: