Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

1995 Talari-Leans and Stalls

Original Mariah Talk

Old 07-26-2009, 03:06 AM   #1

flt1vfs is currently offline
Gallery Images: 0

Send flt1vfs:
a Private Message

Question 1995 Talari-Leans and Stalls

hello:
I have a 1995 mariah talari. The boat leans to the drivers side when cruising. any reasons?

Also the boat stalls out of the hole.Once enroute, it runs fine. Also runs fine from 3000 rpm to 5000 rpm

Thanks
  • Old 07-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #2

kylakerat is currently offline
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Z220 Talari
    My Engine: 7.4 Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 0

Send kylakerat:
    a Private Message

Default Re: 1995 Talari-Leans and Stalls

Different things can change your level when cruising. First is likely weight. Do you have an anchor, battery to two, and other heavy stuff all stored on the same side of the boat? I usually have 2 to 9 people on my boat and it always seems they always want to sit on the port side, so I have to make them even the load out so the boat runs true.

Second, are you trimming the drive up some once you plane out? With the drive trimmed full down, my boat will lay over to the starboard (drivers) side if I get up much speed. Trimmed fully down is mainly just to help a heavy boat get up on plane. After planing, running the trim up a bit is usually required. Excessive down trim can be slightly dangerous, as it generates excessive stern lift (causing the boat to lay over on one side of the V-hull) and can cause bow steer at higher speeds (bow quickly veers left and right without steering wheel input).

As far as the hesitation/bogging issue, I would say it's a carb issue. It's most likely the accelerator pump that's not doing it's job giving an extra shot of fuel as you throttle up. Again, there's lot's of causes for it not to work, but the most common reasons are that it's either stopped up with dirt/varnish or the plunger (made out of rubber) has deteriorated and is not sealing against the cylinder wall.

Sorry for the long post, but hope this helps.
    Old 08-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #3

94z190talari is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1994
    My Model: Z190 Talari
    My Engine: 4.3LX
    Gallery Images: 12

Send 94z190talari:
    a Private Message

Default Re: 1995 Talari-Leans and Stalls

I know when mine leans toward the drivers side it is because of the fat azzz driver. Funny how it didn't have that problem back in 94 when I bought it and was only a younger pup.

But seriously, like the first responder mentioned when you trim it up some it should level out. There is also the sacrificial anode skeg on the outdrive that may need adjusting. Sometimes those get will cause a boat to do funny things.