The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Anchor Locker (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/2776-anchor-locker.html)

RVSwisher 06-18-2009 04:38 AM

Anchor Locker

Being a new Maraih owner and never have had a bow anchor locker before, how does everyone store your anchor in this space (hatch at front bow).

Does eveyone just place it in this area, add some padding, etc?

Thanks

RVS
New 1990 2000XL
:D

mariah bob 06-18-2009 04:41 AM

Re: Anchor Locker

my compartmentis carpeted, i have the anchor tied to the lug inside. It also makes a good trash can for empties till you get back on the trailer

WetWilly 06-18-2009 09:20 AM

Hi RVSwisher,

Our locker is factory lined with felt carpeting and I have about 150' of anchor rope and 10' of chain. I wind the rope first and the chain and anchor sit on top of the rope cushioning them from any interior hull contact, no problems so far :wink_thumbup:

WetWilly

AirNavy 06-18-2009 02:52 PM

^^ What he said. The carpet in mine is starting to fall a bit so I need to do a little work in there this winter, but I do the same. 100' of 1/2" line, 6' of chain and an 8 lb anchor (all of which I just replaced because the old 6 lb anchor was not enough when the water gets rough here). I coil the line and chain around the lug and then set the anchor eye down in the cup at the bottom of the locker. The arms sit across the docking light tubes. The line cushions any banging around in rough seas and the locker cup and light tubes keep the anchor pretty solid in place.

Side note: When I replaced all of this I did my first bit of line splicing to attach the line to the chain instead of using the eye and shackle (which I instead used to attach the line to the lug in the locker).

vkrishan 06-21-2009 06:24 PM

I have a cuddy (Z225 Davanti) and anchoring means sitting precariously on the bow while getting to the anchor... Has anyone deployed an anchor roller and an electric anchor winch? Would appreciate the details of where you installed it.

Looking at my bow, there isnt much space to put an anchor roller between the anchor compartment and bow tip. Plus there's the bow light in the middle

AirNavy 06-22-2009 07:41 PM

I am the anchor roller and winch that sits precariously on the bow (mine's a cuddy too). :D

WetWilly 06-23-2009 01:05 AM

:rolling_laugh::rolling_laugh::rolling_laugh:

vkrishan 06-23-2009 03:23 PM

yeah yeah.., laugh away...

WetWilly 06-23-2009 06:11 PM

Sorry vkrishan, I wasn't laughing at your situation, but rather at AirNavy remark!

Years ago, I had a friend doing the same thing as AirNavy's on his ChrisCraft. A large wake hit us and both he and the anchor went into the drink together.... thankfully, he let go before hitting bottom... or I would have had to dive in and save his soggy butt! :big_chuckle:

Oh the memories.......
WetWilly

vkrishan 07-10-2009 08:38 PM

Well... I was precariously perched on my bow this 4th of July... there were at least 500 other boats around me looking up to see the fireworks at Lanier.. Still wish there's an automatic anchor winch and roller that fits in the anchor locker...