The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Ever tried taking the top out of it's holder?? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/266-ever-tried-taking-top-out-its-holder.html)

180diablo 09-04-2007 01:20 PM

Didnt snap any pics .. but there is NO way my top is going in under the engine compartment hatc area. Must have been something they added in the later years.

Pretty much the floor line continues into the engine area and there is no areas to stuff the legs of the top below the flooring. So for now, we just leave it draped over the engine cover OR on the port side along the seats.

Tilted 10-06-2008 07:36 PM

I just took the cover out this weekend, and found that the easiest way to put it back in is to put the right leg in first while the assembly is rotated clockwise 30 degrees. Keep lowering it until the upper right corner enters the right hole, then move the top assembly further down and to the right so that the corner is well inside the hole . You've just created enough room to move the bottom left tip into the left hole. Maneuver into place, and you're all set.

WetWilly 10-06-2008 08:59 PM

Hi Tilted,

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try that and see if it works out for our Talari.

BTW, what model and year Mariah do you have?

Thank you,
WetWilly

Tilted 10-07-2008 12:25 AM

A 94 Talari 180

kylakerat 03-17-2009 02:21 AM

Re: Ever tried taking the top out of it's holder??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilted (Post 10682)
I just took the cover out this weekend, and found that the easiest way to put it back in is to put the right leg in first while the assembly is rotated clockwise 30 degrees. Keep lowering it until the upper right corner enters the right hole, then move the top assembly further down and to the right so that the corner is well inside the hole . You've just created enough room to move the bottom left tip into the left hole. Maneuver into place, and you're all set.

New here, and sorry for bringing up an old thread, but Tilted is spot on on getting the top in and out. When I first got my Z220, I fought the top going both ways. Now I can raise the sunpad, get it in/out, and have the sunpad back down in less than a minute easily.

I added a second battery to my boat (deep cycle to run the tunes while anchored down) so I have to start the left side first because of the big deep cycle on the port side. The main key to getting it in without banging the boat, cussing, or just throwing the thing in the lake is to drop one end in the hole, then pushing to the side to gain the extra room to swing the other side around. You'll actually push part of the curve frame into the hole, but when it's completely in, it will center itself up.

Hope this helps and maybe some of you will start using the top now that you know how to get it in and out....easily.

Irace82 03-17-2009 04:23 AM

Re: Ever tried taking the top out of it's holder??

Hmm i took a look at mine and it does have the two rectangular holes in the back under the sunpad but its not even possible because of the gas struts holding the sun pad up. Does everyone else only have one or do they have two? Didnt know if the previous owner added an extra one.