Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

96 Z215 Floor/Light Question

Original Mariah Talk

Old 11-05-2008, 03:28 AM   #1

AirNavy is currently offline
Find me on the Map
My Year: 1996
My Model: Z215 Talari
My Engine: 5.7L Alpha One
Gallery Images: 0

Send AirNavy:
a Private Message

Default 96 Z215 Floor/Light Question

I picked up my new to me 1996 Z215 Talari last night, which is my first boat so of course as soon as I got home from work today I had to start cleaning/inspecting as much as I could before the sun went down. I didn't find too many issues yet other than tightening just about every exposed screw on the thing as most of them were pretty loose (including every single one on the windshield).

Now to my questions/issues:
1. A couple of the seat base bolt holes are stripped out and I need some direction to fix them. Would it be feasible to find larger diameter bolts to replace the stock ones or will it require a repair to the existing floor wood (filler of some sort maybe)?

2. Most of the lights in the cuddy are not working. Power/ground is good and bulbs are good so it seems to be the switches. Is there a quick/easy fix for them? I haven't torn them apart yet as I am almost leaning towards replacing all of the fixtures with some red/white LEDs of some sort.

My background: 14 years in the Navy as an aircraft electrician, plenty of experience wrenching on motorcycles/cars and misc other mechanical/fabrication ability. Clarified so you know where I'm coming from (and so no one tells me to check the bulbs or turn the bolts to the right). Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

AEC (AW) U.S. Navy