The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   After Two Years, The New Interior is Going In (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/11658-after-two-years-new-interior-going.html)

Tlolesen 02-05-2018 01:03 AM

Re: After Two Years, The New Interior is Going In

You could get a boat built in that kind of time, go to the shop and see what is done and pay a discounted price because of the time taken and not completed. And get your boat back if they won't settle call the COPS

BoDog 02-28-2018 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tlolesen (Post 64200)
You could get a boat built in that kind of time, go to the shop and see what is done and pay a discounted price because of the time taken and not completed. And get your boat back if they won't settle call the COPS

The police won’t get involved in the dispute but they can recover your boat as long as you’re the registered owner. Unfortunately it’s a civil matter. You can hire a lawyer or you can file a civil suit against him in small claims court. Either way it’s a PIA. Sorry to hear this.

pllevine 03-24-2018 10:00 PM

And the story continues.... and gets worse....

I checked with the owner of Salty Dog Custom Canvas and asked him at the end of February if the interior was done. Mind you, he started this project in June 2017, which is NINE months ago. He told me that it will be complete at the end of March. So, I reminded him that on 2/2/18, he told me that the boat would be done the end of February. I then said that he should pardon me if I acted a bit disappointed about it. His answer was one word..... "Pardoned". This rubbed me the wrong way and I reminded him that he's blown four separate deadlines. And we are into Month Number Nine!
A couple of days later, he tells me via text that his office landlord came by and wanted all of the boats gone from in front of his office. He has thrown all of the completed bow cushions and the rest of the parts and material into my boat and wants me to come get it. Captain chairs? Not finished. Bench seat? Not finished. Sundeck/Engine cover? Not done. Remember...... NINE MONTHS!
He texted me later and said that there was a guy a few storefronts down that does auto upholstery. He could finish the job.....
I am not dealing with this anymore. He got half the quoted money up front ($1500.00) and he's not getting a dime more..... My Mariah comes out of there Monday and I'll have to find someone else on Monday. And we're going to discuss the quality of what he did complete. I see puckered seams, bad folds in the corners and just shoddy work. Originally, I gave him a photo of an antique car and I wanted my new boat interior to emulate it:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ac398eec07.jpg

What I got those many months later was the following:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2decdb55c7.jpg
And if you zoom into the cushions, you'll see the problem areas......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoDog 03-25-2018 12:43 AM

At least you get to move in a new direction. Sorry about your troubles.

GaryDoug 03-25-2018 01:51 AM

He got in over his head and didn't know how to finish it.

If I am looking at his web site for the business in central Florida, it looks confusing. That main photo is obviously not in Florida. And the examples of his work are somewhat uncomplicated. Also there are references to engine work (wtf!)

pllevine 03-28-2018 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryDoug (Post 64331)
He got in over his head and didn't know how to finish it.

If I am looking at his web site for the business in central Florida, it looks confusing. That main photo is obviously not in Florida. And the examples of his work are somewhat uncomplicated. Also there area references to engine work (wtf!)

Well.... this part of the story ended tonight. I picked up my boat and brought it home. No arguments with the guy. If the landlord wanted my little 20' Mariah gone, so be it. Never mind the 40' Contender on the triple axle trailer next to it. Or the Ski Nautique awaiting a Bimini top.... I will re-assemble the boat as far as I can and get the last pieces done by someone else.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryDoug 03-28-2018 03:35 AM

You are probably better off. Maybe try the auto upholstery shop? Can't be worse. Get going before the boating season is over. Wait ... in Fla, it's never over!! Just went boating the last month with family visitors from "up north". Good luck.

ShabahZ280 04-02-2018 02:04 AM

Wow... Sorry to hear of your troubles with that pllevine... I agree with Garydoug, try and find an auto upholstery shop to finish. You'll likely get 10x better work quality! Keep us all updated!:wink_thumbup: