The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   After Two Years, The New Interior is Going In (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/11658-after-two-years-new-interior-going.html)

pllevine 09-21-2017 01:14 AM

After Two Years, The New Interior is Going In

Just got a photo of the bow upholstery before it gets installed. And all of the wood was replaced with King Starboard. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind but we'll see where it goes.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...00b3df591e.jpg

GaryDoug 09-21-2017 01:33 AM

Re: After Two Years, The New Interior is Going In

Nice! Excellent creative pattern too.

Jack L. 10-04-2017 12:26 AM

Very nice

pllevine 12-06-2017 07:35 PM

Well...... here we are two weeks to Christmas and I STILL do not have my boat back... it's still at the upholstery shop since last June. Does anyone else think that 6 months is a little excessive to re-do the interior of a 20' Mariah 202?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryDoug 12-06-2017 07:51 PM

You should check the hour meter when you get it back. They have probably been using the boat.

TN_Diablo 12-06-2017 09:39 PM

I suppose they started with the easiest stuff to do like the bow pieces and then when they got to those bucket seats they stalled out. I would think getting the bucket seats really right is very difficult to do. Maybe they've made them trying to use the old stuff as a pattern and then found they don't fit. Even a sundeck would scare me with my limited skills.

pllevine 12-07-2017 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TN_Diablo (Post 64120)
I suppose they started with the easiest stuff to do like the bow pieces and then when they got to those bucket seats they stalled out. I would think getting the bucket seats really right is very difficult to do. Maybe they've made them trying to use the old stuff as a pattern and then found they don't fit. Even a sundeck would scare me with my limited skills.

I tend to believe that you're right. He's not running my boat around because he has his 30 something foot Donzi parked next to my Mariah. He also has a pretty nice large cruiser moored up in Daytona....
I think that he can do canvas very well, but I'm not sure about the fine sewing that upholstery needs. All in all, I think it's time that I got my Mariah back from the guy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarioCush 12-13-2017 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pllevine (Post 64121)
All in all, I think it's time that I got my Mariah back from the guy....

You definitely do. I hope everything goes well with the upholstery.

pllevine 02-02-2018 04:12 PM

Hi All:
It's been a while, but here we are going into February. Guess what? No sign of my re-upholstered boat yet.... We're going into MONTH 8! When I asked for a definite completion date last November, the guy got really defensive and told me that I was close to him throwing the completed pieces into into my boat and telling me to come get it.... Then the cold snap here hit and I decided to leave it for a little bit until the weather warms back up.
I fully believe that this guy bit off more than he could chew and he is a good "canvas guy" and not a really good "upholstery guy"..... I need to call this whole thing to an end before it goes to my lawyer and it gets any uglier.
Let's see where this takes us.....

GaryDoug 02-02-2018 04:51 PM

It really sounds like he doesn't want to do it anymore. So, agree on a partial price, get your stuff and make it a win-win. There must be someone else that can finish it.