Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Going Shopping!

Original Mariah Talk

Old 04-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #11

WolfProperties is currently offline
Find me on the Map
Gallery Images: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 View Post
That's not a bad price at all! Especially in the condition it's in! Is the seller willing to let you test drive it, or are you just going to run it on muffs with a hose attached? I'd definitely insist on a water test drive before making any solid deals.

Don't feel threatened... I've got my eyes set on a Z308. Once I win the lottery.
Ok that being said we have tenatively agreed on $25k

I will insist on a water trial before final purcahse.
  • Old 04-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #12

Find me on the Map

Looks like I am driving down tomorrow to visual inspect. I then will drive back down again for water test/pickup. He agreed to water trial/survey before final payment. Its just south of Toledo, OH.
    Old 04-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #13

Mariah Z276 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: 1997 Z276 7.4L Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 5

Send Mariah Z276:
    a Private Message

Good luck
    Old 04-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #14

Find me on the Map

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mariah Z276 View Post
    Good luck
    Thanks! I hope it all works out.
    Old 04-25-2008, 09:03 PM   #15

2 OWNER MARIAH is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: 2001 222 Shabah, Phoenix Yellow w. Small Indy Style Graphics, 1999 Z280 MCC

Send 2 OWNER MARIAH:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WolfProperties View Post
    Looks like I am driving down tomorrow to visual inspect. I then will drive back down again for water test/pickup. He agreed to water trial/survey before final payment. Its just south of Toledo, OH.
    Just bought my Z280 a month ago. Purchased it from a boat dealer in OK. Never made the deal until after I drove it and looked everthing over. They even had a certified capitan along for the test drive. Took a bit to get used to the trim tabs and the handling, you have to realize this boat weighs 7800 lbs. and steers harder with the weight and the dual prop. Still trying to fiqure some things out, never had a cabin or galley before, shore power worked fine, but I needed to send the inverter in for some work. (hope things go well with that when I get it back) Sounds like a good deal though if you can get it for 25k. Mine cost 31K with 90 hrs. Sounds like the same owner, the salesman said the previous owner never used it. (but he traded for a 40' sea ray, go fiqure.)

Keep in touch maybe we can fiqure out some of the details of how the boat works and operates. I did get all operating and owners manuals with mine so if you have any questions let me know.
    Old 04-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #16

Scotty is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    Gallery Images: 3

Send Scotty:
    a Private Message

Default Scotty

We will be starting our 4th season shortly with our 99 z280.We have been correcting problems since we bought her but, now have most taken care of.Here are a couple of areas that you should take a good look at and make sure they work properly:
    All pumps (bilge (2), freshwater pump)
    Electrical shorts (we have a 3 battery system with 2500w inverter but have had to add an additional charging system because batteries were always going dead.)
    When you try the boat ,make sure you take it for a proper water test and have a mechanic hook scanning tool to engine computer to verify hours.
    Test all tanks for leaks as ours now has a small leak in the waste tank (from pumpout suction) Removing tank for repair.
    Make sure water heater is in working order.

Good luck ,
    Old 04-27-2008, 02:04 AM   #17

Mariah Z276 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: 1997 Z276 7.4L Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 5

Send Mariah Z276:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    We will be starting our 4th season shortly with our 99 z280.We have been correcting problems since we bought her but, now have most taken care of.Here are a couple of areas that you should take a good look at and make sure they work properly:
    All pumps (bilge (2), freshwater pump)
    Electrical shorts (we have a 3 battery system with 2500w inverter but have had to add an additional charging system because batteries were always going dead.)
    When you try the boat ,make sure you take it for a proper water test and have a mechanic hook scanning tool to engine computer to verify hours.
    Test all tanks for leaks as ours now has a small leak in the waste tank (from pumpout suction) Removing tank for repair.
    Make sure water heater is in working order.

Good luck ,
    Scotty

What did you have to add extra. I had an additional battery added to mt cabin last year. But my batteries still die when I run my refrigerator. I have had my inverter and alt. checked everything seem to work OK. Just not enough juice.
    Old 04-27-2008, 03:44 AM   #18

Find me on the Map

Whew what a trip. Six hours driving there and back today. It looks really clean. A few minor issues:

Several stress cracks up top
    There are 2 drains by the windlass, theyre both broken off
    GPS unit screen fading, should be replaced. Its such a large unit and has a remote receiver on the passenger dash area, may leave holes
    Started up just fine, hesitated a bit when we reved it, cleared right up
    One bolt that holds the back seat support to the wall is gone and its loose. I wouldnt have a clue where to go to reconnect it, maybe through the engine compartment?
    1/2" tear on one seat
    The front board below the mic looks stressed, may replace it
    There are 3 batteries, an inverter, and a charger. Not sure if its enough or not?

By the time i got there, someone else had already been and verbally agreed. I finally got him to take a deposit, reluctantly. He seemed honest enough, but I dont get why he wouldnt take a deposit over a verbal commitment. I will find out monday though for sure, but I sure hope it goes my way.
    Old 04-27-2008, 06:58 PM   #19

Scotty is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    Gallery Images: 3

Send Scotty:
    a Private Message

Default scotty

For our charging problem we added a True Charge 20amp charging system.This season we are also adding a Honda EU2000ic portable generator for those weekends we are out on the hook.
    Since we have had the boat this is a partial list of what we have fixed or replaced:
    replaced tv (missing) -- added flat screen Sharp / with dvd player.
    replaced cabin stereo -- one stereo runs whole boat -- pioneer head unit with xm satellite radio and 1000watt amp driving pioneer 6.5 in. and 8in spkers.
    replaced global map unit (missing ant.) -- with Lorance 332 gps/fishfinder unit /with navionics map
    added snap in lounger on the fore deck
    added travel cover
    replaced both bilge pumps
    rebuilt engine at 135 hrs. (at which point we found out that we had bought a repossed boat)
    added legs to fold down seats for added support.
    added tv antenna

Our first experience with a used boat purchase.Although we have a great boat , the old saying "buyer beware" sometimes still holds true.