Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Gremlins Got Me

Mercury MerCruiser

Old 06-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #1

TALLRAM is currently offline
Find me on the Map
My Year: 1996
My Model: 1996 Shabah 210 5.7Mag
My Engine: 350 Mag Alpha 1
Gallery Images: 0

Send TALLRAM:
a Private Message

Default Gremlins Got Me

Well on my last outing to the local lake (Buffalo Lake - Lubbock Texas) I had a blow out-thank God for tandem axles. After I finally get on the water and relax AHHHHHHHH I have some one nik themselves on my shiny new stainless prop so I think I will trim her all the up for a little more safety. No responce it would go down but not up - turned out all right no risk of dragging on the way home. The next day I trouble shoot and find my limit s.w is simply out of adjustment THANK GOD. I adjust and carefully lock down the trim s.w and she works great. Question is there a risk of the limit s.w not being set right and the unit being forced too far up and damaging lower unit??? I'd hope the design would be idiot proof.
Secondly sometime back I queried about thru hull exhaust on my 1996 Mariah Shabah with a 5.7 (roller motor/mild cam). Well I did it my self and I love it I went with a system them is thru prop and thru hull with no lock out divertor due to budget, One day I may step up to an electric or air controlled divertor but for know mufflers/baffles will work besides I want to hear it. Currently running my own design stainless perferated baffles in the custom 4 inch pipes-very sweet. Love the idle and lower rpm range sounding like an open header car a WOT before baffles now it is moderated. Love my boat, not as fast as my bad 150hp Mercury bass boat but way more comfortable and I will always love a sexy deep hull, just can't help it. Life is good even when it does not go our way.