The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Hello folks (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/9124-hello-folks.html)

Chris_craig 03-23-2014 01:13 PM

Hello folks

Hi. Just joined today. Hoping to buy my first Mariah but not sure what the model is and any info on it would be very helpfull. Straight to the point, it's sat in storage for easily 8 years. Last registration for loch was 2006. Anyway, I can't find any plates or info on the boat. Just have the hull I'd number from the back. I've managed to work out is a 1993 build but Ive no idea the model. Number is MAB 02692 F293. Any help would be much appreciated. Also any clues on what it's worth. As I say I've got the chance of it but not sure what to pay. Many thanks in advance.

ColoradoDiablo 03-23-2014 01:36 PM

Re: Hello folks

Welcome to MOC Chris!
Send your HIN to "ShabahZ280" in a PM and he will give you a break down of the factory build sheet.:wink_thumbup:
Look on the Coast Guard capacity tag , maybe near the shifter/dash area , it will have the model on it.
Got any pics you could show us?

Once again , Welcome!:)

Chris_craig 03-23-2014 01:49 PM

Hey thanks. I'll post a pm to him. Cheers.
Coastguard plate says 18 but I thought that waste length. Duh :rolleyes: I'll try get some pics on soon if I buy. What would your opinion be on purchasing something thats sat for so long.

ColoradoDiablo 03-23-2014 01:56 PM

No big deal , just go over it good before you commit to buying.
Your going to have to figure a minimum of 500.00 to get her in shape.
Tuneup , Oil Change , Belts , Drive Service , etc.
Take a peak here for some good info on buying Chris.

Chris_craig 03-23-2014 02:03 PM

Cheers for the link. I'll give it a good going over. I've previously worked on a motorcraft ( I think it was that) and the owner bought it as beached! However he ended up having to replace all the sea water seals and fit a new trim and tilt pump. Engine wise I think I could manage quite cheaply as I'm a mechanic to trade ( but just a modern day one) lol only 25years old lol. Sill Just a wean. I've been trying to research all morning and I reckon the boat in a good running state reay for summer use is worth about $4000 which in British money I'd say about £3000. So I think I'd get a decent enoch deal if I were to offer him £2000 the way it sits?

mikeyt 03-23-2014 02:05 PM

hi Chris

If you post two or three good pics we should be able to figure out which model you are considering buying.

mikeyt 03-23-2014 02:08 PM

I think that if you got the boat for between £2000 to £3000 you will have done okay depending on the overall condition of the boat.

ColoradoDiablo 03-23-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 51149)
I think that if you got the boat for between £2000 to £3000 you will have done okay depending on the overall condition of the boat.

:wink_thumbup::wink_thumbup:

Chris_craig 03-23-2014 02:33 PM

Sounds not bad. I'll get some pics up and see what u reckon then. Still once I have the model and info that should help put hings clearer. Meant to say it has a Volvo engine with a volvo Penta outboard leg.

Andy b 03-23-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_craig (Post 51151)
Meant to say it has a Volvo engine with a volvo Penta outboard leg.

All the best ones do :yes_grin:

Welcome onboard :rolling_laugh: