Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

1998 Mariah 182 viper red

Introductions

Old 05-26-2020, 02:43 AM   #1

Mariahlachapelle is currently offline
My Year: 1998
My Model: 182 shabah limites
My Engine: 3L
Gallery Images: 0

Send Mariahlachapelle:
a Private Message

Default 1998 Mariah 182 viper red

Hello new to the forum.
I just purchased a 1998 Mariah 182 shabah in viper red.
Love the colour and from the little research I did seems as though Mariah boats were a very high quality.
The boat is a 3litter witch I’m a little disappointed about but that can be fixed.
My question is.
The center around the ski locker is all black. Is it from the carpet wearing down?
If so where could I buy a replacement carpeting.
Preferably in canada ( sewing as I live in Ontario Canada)
Looking forward to taking my first trip in this boat!
Thanks for the help
  • Old 05-26-2020, 03:00 AM   #2

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Default Re: 1998 Mariah 182 viper red

It sounds like you bought a Limited Edition model with the solid hull colour. Oddly the '98 brochure doesn't show a 182 but the '99 does. Possibly yours is a late 98 / early 99 model. Last two digits of your hull ID will confirm the model year.

The 3.0 liter is a good engine for reliability if a bit under-powered for towing skiers & wakeboards. I would install a pair of Smart Tabs SX9510-60 to help get her on plane quickly and check what pitch prop you have. I'm guessing it will be a 3 blade 19" pitch prop. If you want a little more low-mid range punch then i would install a 4 blade SS prop with an 18" pitch or a 19" pitch. DONT install one of those ridiculous looking 'fins' on your outdrive.

Are you referring to the carpet around the ski locker or inside the ski locker? More than likely it is simple wear & tear on a boat that is 22 yrs old.

I'm not sure where you are in Ontario but its not difficult to find marine carpet. There are a couple of marine supply shops (Dowsar Marine & Brewers Marine) in Hamilton that sell the stuff and just about any larger marine supply store can provide it.
    Old 05-26-2020, 12:24 PM   #3

Mariahlachapelle is currently offline
    My Year: 1998
    My Model: 182 shabah limites
    My Engine: 3L
    Gallery Images: 0

Send Mariahlachapelle:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikeyt View Post
    It sounds like you bought a Limited Edition model with the solid hull colour. Oddly the '98 brochure doesn't show a 182 but the '99 does. Possibly yours is a late 98 / early 99 model. Last two digits of your hull ID will confirm the model year.

The 3.0 liter is a good engine for reliability if a bit under-powered for towing skiers & wakeboards. I would install a pair of Smart Tabs SX9510-60 to help get her on plane quickly and check what pitch prop you have. I'm guessing it will be a 3 blade 19" pitch prop. If you want a little more low-mid range punch then i would install a 4 blade SS prop with an 18" pitch or a 19" pitch. DONT install one of those ridiculous looking 'fins' on your outdrive.

Are you referring to the carpet around the ski locker or inside the ski locker? More than likely it is simple wear & tear on a boat that is 22 yrs old.

I'm not sure where you are in Ontario but its not difficult to find marine carpet. There are a couple of marine supply shops (Dowsar Marine & Brewers Marine) in Hamilton that sell the stuff and just about any larger marine supply store can provide it.

Thank you so much for you information.
    The add said 1998. I still don’t have the boat I saw pictures and bought it.
    Sounds like Mariah is a very high quality boat.
    Old 05-26-2020, 04:00 PM   #4

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mariahlachapelle View Post
    Thank you so much for you information.
    The add said 1998. I still don’t have the boat I saw pictures and bought it.
    Sounds like Mariah is a very high quality boat.
    It's a very good boat IF it has been looked after and properly maintained. Things that haven't been maintained are generally more expensive to fix and make right. Best of luck.