Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

New Mirah Owner, looking for some parts

Introductions

Old 07-10-2016, 04:20 PM   #1

scaverly is currently offline
My Year: 1991
My Model: MX22c
My Engine: 5.0 Alpha 1
Gallery Images: 0

Send scaverly:
a Private Message

Default New Mirah Owner, looking for some parts

Good afternoon everyone , I purchased a 1991 Mariah 2200 ZC , all original , has the pop up digital dash that actually works , has a few graphics stains but speedo , temp hrs etc all seem to work. The issue I have is that it will not stay up when I'm driving the boat. Keeps skipping on the gear , at idle it will lock. With key off it seems to be on a timer and closes itself after a minute or so. Any idea if I can get parts to repair this ? I also have trim tabs that are fixed at zero on the two gauges , but will not change when trying the up and down buttons. A few little bugs , but boat runs close to 60mph and is solid in the water
Firestone likes this.
Thank you scaverly for this useful post!
pllevine (07-11-2016)
  • Old 07-12-2016, 03:04 AM   #2

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Default Re: New Mirah Owner, looking for some parts

hi there. That pop-up dash will be next to impossible to find parts for. I'd suggest looking thru the Mariah Parts for Sale in the Marketplace section to see if anyone else might have a non-working unit that you can swap out parts with.

Trim tabs? or outdrive Trim ? There is a trouble shooting guide for outdrive trim in the Maintenance section.. If it turns out to be the sensor on the outdrive, you have to remove the entire outdrive to replace it....

60 mph out of a 22' boat with a 5.0 motor? Really?? Or is that just what your speedo says....
    Old 07-13-2016, 12:56 AM   #3

Send scaverly:
    a Private Message

The issue is the the trim tabs ( keep to yourself , I am a Mercury dealer , drive trim and trailer works perfect , I will check to see if anyone has any old parts for the Digital display. As for the speed , I had a buddy with an Edson speed boat beside me and dash was showing 50 which he confirmed , from 3/4 throttle to full it fell flat on its face. I took it out tonight and will replace fuel filters and clean carb , so at 50 , I wonder how close I will get to 60 ..... I don't need to be going that fast , maiden trip was in 2 1/2 ft chop on lake and boat just ate it up !!! I had a Phazer along time ago and this boat acts exactly the same . Will let you know what I find on flat spot . As for trim tabs I believe now it is a power issue , I have two vertical gauges which work , but I have no power on rocker switches or rocker for power seat. I suspect they maybe tied together. Will work on it tomorrow. Appreciate the feedback.

Shawn
    Old 07-16-2016, 02:54 AM   #4

Send scaverly:
    a Private Message

mikeyt , found issue with Bennett Trim Tabs , poor connect under dash , also fixed my power issue to power drivers seat :-) , had a bit of water in seperator , opened carb filter and it was a newer plastic one but it was half plugged with tarnish , opened carb and it was very clean but carb float needle had been hooked thru hole in float body instead of clipped across ......causing flooding at wide open , going to put it back in on Sunday and try it out .....let you know.

Thxs , Shawn