The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   General Maintenance (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/)
-   -   Depth finder gauge (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/8035-depth-finder-gauge.html)

Jaztwnz 05-02-2013 01:56 PM

Depth finder gauge

Mourning everyone, how do I use the depth finder? As well as post pics of my jubilee?

Andy b 05-02-2013 03:38 PM

Re: Depth finder gauge

which one do you have? if it's the faria I have a manual in pdf format

mikeyt 05-02-2013 03:52 PM

As a Platinum contributor you should have access to all of the manuals in the 'Manuals and Supplements' section. Just as a word of warning though....if the unit starts beeping at you, you might not wanna go any further forward. ;)

Andy b 05-02-2013 04:00 PM

Mine used to beep all the time till I found out it needed oil....:rolleyes:
Mind you the shallow water alarm only goes down to 2m which is a bit of a PITA

Dozer 05-02-2013 07:14 PM

Depth finder gauge

I have the Faria andy b if I could get a copy!! Can't figure the thing out. Why it works sometimes and not others. How to set the alarms, etc.

ShabahZ280 05-02-2013 08:16 PM

Chances are the transducer has come loose from the epoxy mounting. This is a common problem. You can do a search on here and figure out how to remount it, but it is in somewhat of an awkward position to work on. I found sometimes just putting a little bit of water in the bilge made the depth finder work. That's the problem with in-hull depth finders, the epoxy eventually goes bad and causes these type of things.

We have all the manuals and everything you'd ever need available, just click the "Donate" tab and find out more...

Andy b 05-02-2013 09:18 PM

Unless like me you have an oil bath transducer.
easy way to tell is if the transducer is bonded to the hull,
or if it's fitted into a twist ring that's bonded to the hull.
As for the manual, Mikey is right (He usually is ;)) there's one in the manuals section of this site

mikeyt 05-02-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy b (Post 43657)
, Mikey is right (He usually is ;))

now if i could only get my wife to believe that....

Jaztwnz 05-02-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 43661)
now if i could only get my wife to believe that....

The manuals have come in extremely handy thanks for the advice.. I posted some pics in the gallery of my 244 jubilee. :yes_grin:

Dan_Talari 225 05-15-2013 02:39 PM

Hey gents, I am as of 5-13-13 a new Mariah owner, its a 1996 Talari 225 (it has Z 225 decals on the boat but I am unsure if it is actually a Z, but that's for another thread lol). My question is, my factory depth gauge is reading 0 at all times, does anyone know where the factory transducer is mounted and or what kind of transducer it is? Any known common problems that I might try to troubleshoot first? Any input would be greatly appreciated!