The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   Careers (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/185-careers.html)

ShabahZ280 08-10-2007 04:15 PM

Careers

Here's a great way for us to all get to know each other better. What are your full-time careers?

I'm a graphic designer & photographer in the healthcare business during the week, and a freelance media producer during my spare time (when boating season's over!)

What about everybody else? :)

indykoch 08-10-2007 05:06 PM

I'm a sales manager for a commercial spec lighting manufacturer most of the time during the week, and a professional boater in my spare time;)!!

I manage one of our largest accounts - Macy's (Bloomingdale's, etc.). I was previously a design engineer for 8 years with the same company. I'm loving the sales side of it! Not a whole lot of travel, just enough to not tick off the wife yet see most of the country! I get the benefit of flexible hours (although I'm always stuck with phone forwarding to my cell, and the darn crackberry for emails) so I'm usually able to take advantage of nice days on the water:)

boatman 08-10-2007 05:29 PM

I am a cost analyst for a Sunoco Chemical Plant. I dock in the Beaver River and living near the Ohio river, I spend many evenings and most weekends on the river.

Straad 08-10-2007 05:40 PM

Middle management for a HUD management company
4 kids boy, boy, girl, girl, 13, 15, 16, 17 (i used to like my daughters before they become teenagers...hahaha)
there are about 20 lakes in my county alone so we usually hit a different one every couple weeks
one is 4 miles driveway to launch that is nice for weeknight evenings, can be inthe water in about 10 minutes

180diablo 08-10-2007 06:09 PM

I work for a GMC Pontiac Buick car dealership in the parts dept. I work the front counter for the most part, but occasionally I help out at the back counter. Course, most of my "work" days are spent chatting on boating forums anyways. :D

Never married, no kids... I bought my Mariah over buying the girlfriend a ring. hehe :p I think I made a better choice, she begs to differ... lol.

When im not boating, I enjoy snapping some pics for a photo challenge webpage or just being somewhere and snapping away. Camera I currently own is a Nikon D50 w/18-70mm lens. Also, enjoy running r/c nitro cars and running electric's indoors in the winter time.

I have enjoyed everything boating since I was old (and strong) enough to drive and pull start a 6hp Johnson outboard (10-15 age :confused:). Finally found a decent used boat last year and bought it (my Diablo). Never considered ownership of a boat in my teenage years, but looking back on it today, I wish I had bought an older 14ft 50hp outboard. I enjoy going to the Toronto International boat show, enjoy walkin around wharfs, enjoy looking at other boats.

Thats my lil story :)

Z 202 08-11-2007 01:45 PM

I'm a laboratory instructor at my alma mater; the University of Waterloo. I teach everyones favourite subject: Physics.

My father was an auto mechanic, so that's where I got my love of all things that go fast, make noise and look good. ;)

Like many who grow up in Southern Ontario, summers on the lakes have been a way of life for me. I've been coming to our family spot for over to 30 years and other cottages for more than that. Like 180diablo, I was running around in aluminum fishing boats long before I began to drive.

KSP181 08-11-2007 07:17 PM

I am Detective Sergeant for the Kentucky State Police. When the wife and I both have days off together you can find us on the water. We spend most of the time at Lake Cumberland with our three kids.

jmills224 08-14-2007 01:16 AM

I'm an equipment operator for an underground construction company that specializes in horizontal direction drilling. My wife and I bought a 1997 179SE Talari this year and its our first Mariah. Except for having to replace the gear end yoke, yoke seal, u-joints, gimbal bearing, and shift cable we've loved the boat.

We usually hit Sooner Lake, Kaw Lake, Keystone Lake, Tenkiller and Carl Blackwell in OK. The bigger Corps lakes are just now getting where you can get on them.

Besides boating I also hunt, fish, and scuba dive.

~J

mikeyt 08-14-2007 03:08 AM

jeez....am i the only one here with a real job? :D I've been an property insurance adjuster for about 17 yrs now, was a field adjuster for about 12 yrs and now as an examiner (i oversee claims work done by independant adjusters) for a large Canadian insurer. I work from my home office which is great cuz it allows me to cut out a little early & go boating once in a while.;) Hopefully my boss isn't reading this though....

My better half is a senior project manager for a large European healthcare company. It's kinda nice though cuz it means i can occasionally tag along on one of her trips to Europe. We have 2 teenage boys (13 & 16) and do most of our boating up in the Georgian Bay (Parry Sound) area.

215Talari 08-17-2007 01:11 AM

I am the Vice President of Business Development for an IT company that specializes in Software-as-a-Service.