The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Watersports (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/watersports/)
-   -   New swim platform (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/watersports/6557-new-swim-platform.html)

Flattop 03-09-2012 01:10 PM

New swim platform

I just got my conformation order # for my new swim platform from swimplatforms .com. I cant wait to get it. Those of you that have one... how was the installation... easy, hard? Do you have to absolutely force youself to drill the holes LOL! I'm hoping color match will be good, and do you think this is money well spent. It is going on a 1999 Z212

Jonathan&Loren 03-23-2012 01:26 AM

Re: New swim platform

Hey... let me know how you like it after you get it.. me and my wife have been thinking about getting one too.. how much did the quote you on yourst.. our would be around 1700 after delivery to Austin tx...

Flattop 03-23-2012 05:36 AM

Hey Jonathon I sent you a private message
Doug

sdewitt84 03-26-2012 02:57 PM

Hey Johnathon, take a look at mountain marine in denver colorado, thats where i got mine, color matched and all, i got it for 1200 bucks delivered

lanierz260 03-26-2012 04:26 PM

Hey guys... I received a quote from both companies and I'm going with Mtn Marine; price difference is like $600.00

I'm just waiting for them to send me a template. I have a Z260. Mtn Marine is definitely worth checking out and they have some cool options SwimPlatforms.com does not offer

sdewitt84 03-26-2012 04:56 PM

Thats where I got mine from Kelly at mountain marine. Much cheaper! Also great customer service! The deck she sent out wasnt wuite cut for my boat model, but it was an honest mistake. She gave me her cell number and i called her on a Sunday with great result! She is very customer service oriented and personally drove to st louis to make a templete off my boat and make it right! This company I highly reccomend!!! Tell her Steve from St. Louis sent ya when ya call!!

Jonathan&Loren 04-01-2012 10:54 PM

Ill have to check them out.. thanks for the info

rayzorback 04-02-2012 01:26 AM

I have one on the way from Mountain marine / swimplatformssuperstore.com Kelley is great to work with ( and they are less expensive than swimplatforms.com)

sdewitt84 04-09-2012 07:32 PM

Razor... did you put your platfrom on yet? how does it look?

rayzorback 04-09-2012 08:22 PM

Hope to put it on this coming weekend. (Had my 1st Grandchild last weekend). :)

Flattop 04-10-2012 05:17 AM

got word today my platform is done and will be shipped today... should get it by the end of the week

rayzorback 04-23-2012 01:18 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Got my swim platform installed this past weekend (Smart tabs also). I hope to put her on the water next weekend. Installation of both the smart tabs and the swimdeck was pretty easy.I went ahead and installed the smart tabs first because I wanted them as far apart as possible. Then I mounted the swimdeck because I could put the support poles anywhere I wanted. And ya, I had to drill lots of holes.26 holes for the swimdeck install and 16 holes for the smart tabs. I figures that was enough holes drilled and bought a "Liquid Lite" underwater light kit that requires no holes be drilled (It screws into the drain plug).

jarwiebe 05-06-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayzorback (Post 35291)
Got my swim platform installed this past weekend (Smart tabs also). I hope to put her on the water next weekend. Installation of both the smart tabs and the swimdeck was pretty easy.I went ahead and installed the smart tabs first because I wanted them as far apart as possible. Then I mounted the swimdeck because I could put the support poles anywhere I wanted. And ya, I had to drill lots of holes.26 holes for the swimdeck install and 16 holes for the smart tabs. I figures that was enough holes drilled and bought a "Liquid Lite" underwater light kit that requires no holes be drilled (It screws into the drain plug).

I am planning on mounting a swimplatform on my Z210 as well and am just wondering about the location of your support rods where they mount to the transom. Did you use lag screws or were you able to use through bolts at this mounting point? That is the same position I have been contemplating as my mounting points.

rayzorback 05-07-2012 01:30 AM

All mounting points to the transom used screws and 5200 marine sealant. Deck attachment to the brackets and supports were with through bolts and I purchased and used neopreme lock nuts on them (The swimdeck came with lockwashers and nuts). I prefer the neopreme locknuts myself (Stainless steel of course).

rayzorback 05-07-2012 01:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is some updated pics. I washed and waxed the boat today. Headed for the lake next weekend.

rayzorback 05-07-2012 01:43 AM

oh ya, Be sure to leave room for the ladder bolts to slide past your swimdeck support poles. (I had to readjust mine a little).

jarwiebe 05-07-2012 02:05 AM

Thanks for the feedback rayzorback, I'll keep this in mind if/when I get to the install.

rayzorback 05-07-2012 02:23 AM

contact me if you have any questions or need some help.

Brewfixer 05-08-2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayzorback (Post 35728)
contact me if you have any questions or need some help.

Razorback, where did you get that skeg plate? Is that SS or aluminum? I love that color.

rayzorback 05-08-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewfixer (Post 35745)
Razorback, where did you get that skeg plate? Is that SS or aluminum? I love that color.

It was on the boat when I bought it. It is Stainless Steel.

Dredd 05-08-2012 01:58 PM

Looks like the platform matches good. Nice looking rig, with your red truck! Hope the weather is good for your trip.

Oregondunes 05-14-2012 09:32 PM

Spoke to Kelly today. she said they just built one for a Z302 for someone here. Hoping someone reads this and says "Its Me" and can soon show some pics of it installed.

Im mostly interested in the wedge, looking at 84" wide and 32" deep.

What is the depth that everyone else has ordered ?

lanierz260 05-14-2012 10:08 PM

Received an email from Kelly last week and mine is supposed to be started today.

30" deep classic

1998 Z260

Oregondunes 05-15-2012 03:51 AM

Kelly and I spoke 3-4 times today in total. I think Im now hedging towards a total custom one.

It will start life as a 90" classic or wedge (narrowed to 88 inches), 36" deep with a center mounted 4 step button release ladder.

By the time Im done, it will still be less money shipped then Swim Platforms will be COD at their factory.

Im gonna bring home the boat tomorrow or Wednesday and cut out a piece of cardboard from a fridge box to replicate it and get the families opinion

Flattop 05-16-2012 06:28 AM

I have recently got my swim platform installed.. I did the install myself. I am very pleased it matched up perfect in color and fit very well. it really gives my boat a complete look. I got mine from swimplatforms.com I'm afraid to ask how much you guys spent on the brand that Kelly sells but I think mine was worth every penny. I also installed captains call exhaust and redone a trailer I boought used this year, my boat came on a single axle so I change that and put a tandem under it. I wish I knew how to post a pic of it so I could show it off :)

Flattop 05-16-2012 06:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
heres a pic

rayzorback 05-16-2012 01:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Your swimdeck looks almost identical to mine that I got from swimplatformsuperstore.com (Mountain Marine). Mine has 4 support poles instead of just 2. It cost me right at $1500 with the ladder and red color match. I also installed mine myself. I also put Smart tabs on at this time.

Flattop 05-16-2012 03:29 PM

Ya thats what mine cost $1504 shipped to my house but I think colors cost about 200 extra, I love that color red on your boat. the platform looks great. I do like the idea of the extra support poles too. My swim platfrorm has a tab that goes in above the lower unit about 16" back, I do like that feature and it attaches with 4 bolts that is why mine is mounted lower than yours

rayzorback 05-16-2012 03:58 PM

Mine had to be mounted where it is due to the aftermarket captains call exhausts location. I had to mount the swimdeck above them.

Flattop 05-16-2012 06:04 PM

the exhaust I put on barely fit under mine I was sweatin it, yours looks like it worked out great though... still cant say enough about the color of your boat

TexasZ212 05-20-2012 01:59 PM

I agree, I almost start drooling when I see that particular red on a Mariah, especially when it's the whole boat.:)

Love the swim platforms for sure on both of your boats. Last summer, my son and I built the swim platform ourselves that is on ours.

Doug, I have the almost twin of your Mariah, 1999 Z212, and mine is even the same color as yours I think. (polo) which is a dark green.:wink_thumbup:

jarwiebe 05-20-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasZ212 (Post 36061)
Last summer, my son and I built the swim platform ourselves that is on ours.:

I would like to build my own as well am am wondering if you could post up some pics of yours to give me some ideas. I was thinking of using a marine ply as core, wrapping it in glass and then using truck bed liner to finish it off. Our local body shop says he can match the color and give me the texture that I would want for the bed liner. Do you think that this idea would work?

knightriderz 05-22-2012 04:58 AM

Re: New swim platform on our z302

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some pix of my new platform on our z302.

Purchased from Mountain Marine (swimplatformsuperstore)

Added a bit of extra bracing. (Fabbed the 2 shorter center downtube braces and the piece of stainless tubing just inside the rear lip myself)Everything else came with the platform.

Wedge model 80" wide 28" deep w 3 step undermount ladder

Installed myself, :wink_thumbup:

TexasZ212 05-22-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightriderz (Post 36123)

Added a bit of extra bracing. (Fabbed the 2 shorter center downtube braces and the piece of stainless tubing just inside the rear lip myself)Everything else came with the platform.

Wow!!! That's a really nice one!!! Liked the way you braced it so well.

rayzorback 05-22-2012 12:45 PM

Looks good!

Flattop 05-22-2012 01:53 PM

Looks good knightriderz, I like those extra braces. It should be sturdy.

esperi 05-23-2012 01:41 AM

Hey, Love the graphics Flattop- are they original? Is your boat black/white? I Think if Eftink has that kit I'd like to get it- I have a 94 Z 212 shabah with the middle part painted over in white. the black and gold would be amazing on it- you have a 99 shabah 212, right? with factory thruhull?

Oregondunes 05-23-2012 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightriderz (Post 36123)

Awesome job

Flattop 05-23-2012 06:33 PM

Hey ESPERI thanks and yes I have a 99 z212 the graphics are original... my colors are polo green and ivory. I installed the thru hull exhaust myself this spring and man do I like it. my wife even likes it. my buddy has a 94 z212 we boat together quite a bit... those 94 models are good lookin boats

Oregondunes 05-24-2012 01:13 AM

Gotta call today from Kelly today informing me that they have a brand new design in the works that wasnt supposed to debut til the fall boat shows, but asked if I was interested in "Beta testing" it now.

85-86" wide and up to 60" inches deep

She is supposed to send me some pics of the first plug pulled from the mold asap.

Im getting all excited now.