The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Watersports (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/watersports/)
-   -   New swim platform (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/watersports/6557-new-swim-platform.html)

DCB_MINDED 05-24-2012 02:05 AM

Re: New swim platform

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregondunes (Post 36184)
Gotta call today from Kelly today informing me that they have a brand new design in the works that wasnt supposed to debut til the fall boat shows, but asked if I was interested in "Beta testing" it now.

85-86" wide and up to 60" inches deep

She is supposed to send me some pics of the first plug pulled from the mold asap.

Im getting all excited now.

Tell her that I'll take one too.... :yes_grin:

Oregondunes 05-24-2012 04:40 PM

ill pass that along.

I custom one all done up to these dimensions was to be about $1650 crated/shipped. Now that they dont have to cut and splice it should be a lil cheaper.

raptorjockey 09-08-2012 05:23 PM

Hello fellow Mariah owners. I am a brand new Mariah owner myself, I just picked up 2001 Z275ST. I've been scouting a mid-cabin/open bow for years now....
We had the boat out over Labor Day weekend - and yes I love it!!!
The biggest issue I had with it was that the built-in rear deck is SOOO far off of the water. We have 3 kids and 2 dogs. I had a workout lifting kids and dogs in and out of the boat. Not to mention, you can't dangle your feet in the water.
All of the swimdecks I see posted here look great. My question is.. How difficult would it be for them shorten the length of the platform so that I could use the ladder that is built into the boat?
Would that look goofy?
It would need to end roughly 4 inches to the right of the ladder in order to get your fingers around the ladder. I'd like to hear other folks feedback on the idea.

rayzorback 09-08-2012 07:11 PM

I bought mine from Mountain Marine in Colorado. They can make one pretty much any size you want. I personally would go with a full size one and they have a ladder built into them so no need for the Factory ladder. We LOVE ours. Just my 2 cents worth.

Flattop 09-09-2012 01:35 AM

the ladder that comes with these are twice the ladder that comes from the factory. mine came from Swimplatforms.com and i love it!

raptorjockey 09-10-2012 01:55 PM

Maybe you are right, the extra platform space would be nice with my large family. I was impressed with the nice ladder that came on the boat - but it sounds like the ladders built into the platforms are even nicer.. Thanks for the feedback.

Oregondunes 09-10-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flattop (Post 38938)
the ladder that comes with these are twice the ladder that comes from the factory. mine came from Swimplatforms.com and i love it!

no two ways about it, the "double rung" ladder steps are the nicest Ive ever seen, especially for us "ol folks" with tired feet and legs

Motoxxx43 06-13-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregondunes (Post 36184)
Gotta call today from Kelly today informing me that they have a brand new design in the works that wasnt supposed to debut til the fall boat shows, but asked if I was interested in "Beta testing" it now.

85-86" wide and up to 60" inches deep

She is supposed to send me some pics of the first plug pulled from the mold asap.

Im getting all excited now.

Hey Oregon, any update to this post? I've been looking into the swim decks a lot now an would like to get a good idea of the stuff available before diving in. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

luke7575 07-20-2013 03:54 PM

Re: New swim platform on our z302

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightriderz (Post 36123)
Here are some pix of my new platform on our z302.

Purchased from Mountain Marine (swimplatformsuperstore)

Added a bit of extra bracing. (Fabbed the 2 shorter center downtube braces and the piece of stainless tubing just inside the rear lip myself)Everything else came with the platform.

Wedge model 80" wide 28" deep w 3 step undermount ladder

Installed myself, :wink_thumbup:

I really like that how much did it cost u