The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Watersports (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/watersports/)
-   -   New swim platform (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/watersports/6557-new-swim-platform.html)

Flattop 04-10-2012 05:17 AM

Re: New swim platform

got word today my platform is done and will be shipped today... should get it by the end of the week

rayzorback 04-23-2012 01:18 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Got my swim platform installed this past weekend (Smart tabs also). I hope to put her on the water next weekend. Installation of both the smart tabs and the swimdeck was pretty easy.I went ahead and installed the smart tabs first because I wanted them as far apart as possible. Then I mounted the swimdeck because I could put the support poles anywhere I wanted. And ya, I had to drill lots of holes.26 holes for the swimdeck install and 16 holes for the smart tabs. I figures that was enough holes drilled and bought a "Liquid Lite" underwater light kit that requires no holes be drilled (It screws into the drain plug).

jarwiebe 05-06-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayzorback (Post 35291)
Got my swim platform installed this past weekend (Smart tabs also). I hope to put her on the water next weekend. Installation of both the smart tabs and the swimdeck was pretty easy.I went ahead and installed the smart tabs first because I wanted them as far apart as possible. Then I mounted the swimdeck because I could put the support poles anywhere I wanted. And ya, I had to drill lots of holes.26 holes for the swimdeck install and 16 holes for the smart tabs. I figures that was enough holes drilled and bought a "Liquid Lite" underwater light kit that requires no holes be drilled (It screws into the drain plug).

I am planning on mounting a swimplatform on my Z210 as well and am just wondering about the location of your support rods where they mount to the transom. Did you use lag screws or were you able to use through bolts at this mounting point? That is the same position I have been contemplating as my mounting points.

rayzorback 05-07-2012 01:30 AM

All mounting points to the transom used screws and 5200 marine sealant. Deck attachment to the brackets and supports were with through bolts and I purchased and used neopreme lock nuts on them (The swimdeck came with lockwashers and nuts). I prefer the neopreme locknuts myself (Stainless steel of course).

rayzorback 05-07-2012 01:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is some updated pics. I washed and waxed the boat today. Headed for the lake next weekend.

rayzorback 05-07-2012 01:43 AM

oh ya, Be sure to leave room for the ladder bolts to slide past your swimdeck support poles. (I had to readjust mine a little).

jarwiebe 05-07-2012 02:05 AM

Thanks for the feedback rayzorback, I'll keep this in mind if/when I get to the install.

rayzorback 05-07-2012 02:23 AM

contact me if you have any questions or need some help.

Brewfixer 05-08-2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayzorback (Post 35728)
contact me if you have any questions or need some help.

Razorback, where did you get that skeg plate? Is that SS or aluminum? I love that color.

rayzorback 05-08-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewfixer (Post 35745)
Razorback, where did you get that skeg plate? Is that SS or aluminum? I love that color.

It was on the boat when I bought it. It is Stainless Steel.