The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Trailering and Tow Vehicles (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/trailering-tow-vehicles/)
-   -   Gas vs. Diesel (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/trailering-tow-vehicles/424-gas-vs-diesel.html)

MariahMan 10-10-2007 03:46 AM

Gas vs. Diesel

Just curious what everyone prefers, Gas vs. Diesel and what brand.

So... vote in the poll and let us know what you use to tow your Mariah! If you have multiple tow vehicles, feel free to make multiple selections

dudders 10-10-2007 06:41 AM

I have a ford sedan towing my mariah but I would PREFER an AUDI 4x4 diesel :D
Now which bank to rob????:rolleyes:

Z 202 10-10-2007 01:17 PM

Jeep Grand Cherokee. 4.7L V8, gas, Quadra-Drive.

Comes complete with heated leather seats for those cold Canadian winters... ;)

mikeyt 10-11-2007 03:03 AM

and since the Fords are winning this so far......

1 - Did u know that 98% of all Fords ever built are still on the road today? The other 2% made it back home.

2 -how do you triple the value of a Ford?
put petrol in it

3 - You know the best thing Ford did? They circled their problem.

4 - Hey, did you hear about the new Fords......
they've got heated tailgates on 'em so your hands won't get cold when you're pushing them

5 - SHHHH! We are hunting Fords....keep your eyes peeled, they do not move often!

6 - What do you call a Ford with twin exhausts???
a wheelbarrow

7 - Why are there sidewalks beside most streets?
So Ford owners have a safe place to walk home.

mikeyt 10-11-2007 03:08 AM

and i use a Ford Escape XLT 4x4. It'll have to do until my wife saves up enough money to buy me a Land Rover 'Discovery'. :drool:

MariahMan 10-11-2007 04:31 AM

No LR3 for you Mikey? My uncle had a Discovery, said he hated it. Then again he took it on the trail. Doesn't look like much of a trail rig. A little top heavy for me.

No one out there with the new Toyota Tundra with the iForce v8? Now that truck is a beast.

dudders 10-11-2007 06:21 AM

Now MikeyT you really dont want a Discovery (yeah they do look good), but, my brother in law has one, I have driven it a few times, YUCK. It floats and rolls around corners like a bayliner with a bunch of overweight bikies on board. I almost got sea sick driving the bloody thing. Plus their services cost them a fortune, boats are bad enough, why double your expenses? Stick with a Toyota Landcruiser, or Audi A6. Now ya talkin.

Z 202 10-11-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 2008)
and i use a Ford Escape XLT 4x4. It'll have to do until my wife saves up enough money to buy me a Land Rover 'Discovery'. :drool:

I've heard the Land Rover will go from zero to your mechanic in a little under 10 seconds... :rolling_laugh:

Of course I should talk, I drive a Grand. It's a good thing I'm handy... ;)

ShabahZ280 10-11-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z 202 (Post 2022)
Of course I should talk, I drive a Grand. It's a good thing I'm handy... ;)

Amen to that!!

Of course my girlfriend still has her 07 Wrangler, but at least it's under the full warranty for another 30k miles. Didn't even have 200 miles on it before it's first visit back to the shop. :shakehead:

Z 202 10-11-2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 2026)
Amen to that!!

Of course my girlfriend still has her 07 Wrangler, but at least it's under the full warranty for another 30k miles. Didn't even have 200 miles on it before it's first visit back to the shop. :shakehead:

Last week it was the input speed sensor to the transmission. This week it's the electrical connection to the HVAC blower motor control. The blend and recirc doors need replacing, so now I just need to find a spare weekend in which to rip out the entire instrument panel assembly... :head_on_wall:

It's definately a love/hate relationship...