The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Sea Fox - Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/)
-   -   compass installation? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/7280-compass-installation.html)

tommyd 08-06-2012 05:54 PM

compass installation?

in dash compass from mariah. Need to know how to intall in the top of dash blank where it is put from factory. Had anyone done this before ?

ColoradoDiablo 08-06-2012 08:52 PM

Re: compass installation?

what model Mariah do you have Tommy?

Larry

tommyd 08-07-2012 12:42 PM

2007 mariah sx 19 openbow

tommyd 08-07-2012 03:07 PM

i got ahold of mariah co and they told me that the blank for the compass pops out so i can go ahead and install it.

flyingdutchie 08-26-2012 10:45 AM

Hello from the Netherlands. Posting for the first time. I bought a 2010 (new) Mariah 18 SX 3.0 Mercruiser. Proud of it and it wil be pretty complete once they have also delivered the original Biminitop.

I have been out with the boat 2 times now. The second day the engine bogged somewhat when slowly accelerating forward and going backwards slowly. Have to fing out what that is.

I do not have a compass installed. Do you guys know which compass to buy? I have white faria instruments with chrome surrounding.

tommyd 08-26-2012 01:24 PM

go to westmarine.com and they have white ritchie compass. It does not have chrome surounding but mariah company sent me to them. It looks real nice and not hard to install. hope this helps you. Tommy

eastestuary 02-14-2013 07:00 AM

I did exactly the same. Replaced my broken black Ritchie compass with a White one (also from West Marine but doesn't really matter where you get it). Looks great!

tommyd 02-14-2013 02:11 PM

yes, it sure does make the insterment pannel stand out. I also installed a faria clock with a white fase and crome around the outside. That fills the empty spot next to the depth guage. I have my boats up on blocks for the winter and cant wait to see spring to get them into the water. have lots of big deep lakes around me and great to get lost in.

nglauer 06-10-2013 06:54 AM

I'm also looking for a replacement compass. Mine has a crack in it and all the fluid leaked out. Which model did you buy? was it a direct fit?

As for your Compass knock out - was it glued in place? On my 2001 Diablo the fake wood trim was all glued on with some type of indestructible adhesive. It was just gooped on it everywhere. i had a hell of a time getting my one panel pulled to install my depth gauge - plus Ii ended up losing the panel shortly after removal.

eastestuary 06-10-2013 07:41 AM

Yes the same happened to mine. A crack and a leak rendered it useless. I replaced it with exactly the same model the boat had previously, Ritchie Navigation F-50.

West Marine catalog here

Except I ordered a White one, as stated previously.