The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Sea Fox - Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/)
-   -   2007 Mariah SX25 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/3835-2007-mariah-sx25.html)

BoatingTexas 03-30-2010 10:45 PM

2007 Mariah SX25

I'm thinking of purchasing a "New" 2007 Mariah SX25. I haven't been able to find any reviews online, does anyone out there own one? If so what are your thoughts. The one I'm looking at has a 5.7 Mag Mercruiser single drive prop. I'm kind of wondering if that will be enough power for a 25' boat.

Thanks in advance.

ShabahZ280 03-31-2010 04:35 PM

Re: 2007 Mariah SX25

I have a 2000 Z250 with the 7.4L engine. Now granted my boat weighs a bit more because of the cuddy, and the sheer weight of the motor, but my 7.4L puts out 310hp, and I'm able to push my boat into the low 50's.

I believe the 5.7L Mag MPI puts out 300hp, so I would anticipate high 40's. While it may not seem much, that's still pretty damn fast on the water. It's probably much more fuel efficient than a big block too.

Best thing to do would be to take a test drive with it. Bring your family, and the normal number of people you'd normally have with you. Make sure it runs the way you want loaded up with passengers. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out! :wink_thumbup:

Peacesurf 03-31-2010 05:36 PM

Hi Boating Texas,I own a 2008 SX 25 with 5L MPI (260HP) and can tell you I have enough power to reach :wink_thumbup:45MPH at top speed,and the boat is really fast and reactive though out power range.You will be really satisfied with the 300HP motor in my opinion,no worries there.:wink_thumbup:
Later.

BoatingTexas 04-01-2010 04:08 PM

Anyone out there think there is anything strange about a 2007 that is still new? The dealer told me it has never been on the water, I'm test driving it on Saturday. I have a deposit on it. Am I being overly cautious?

mikeyt 04-01-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoatingTexas (Post 21059)
Anyone out there think there is anything strange about a 2007 that is still new? The dealer told me it has never been on the water, I'm test driving it on Saturday. I have a deposit on it. Am I being overly cautious?

I dont know about being 'overly cautious' but it pays to check everthing out before parting with your hard earned money, unless of course your pockets are far deeper than the rest of us. It seems a little unusual that a 2007 is still sitting there new but given the economic conditions of the last couple of years its not out of the realm of being possible. Maybe the dealer took it in from another dealer that went under? Might be worth a question or two....

BoatingTexas 04-03-2010 09:33 PM

I went and test drove the New 2007 Mariah SX25 today.The boat was in new condition, only has 6 hours on it. I loved the boat it planed out nicely, it already has hydraulic trim tabs installed. I got it up to 54 mph, and I think I could have got it up a few more MPH if I wanted. When we were done test driving I was helping load it back up, I noticed what appeared to be a small fiberglass patch on the front top side of the bow right near the anchor storage area (possibly was damaged during shipping). I asked the salesman about it he said it wasn't a patch, but wouldn't elaborate. When we got back to the dealership, I asked a mechanic that was standing nearby what he thought the spot was? He said it looks like a small patch, then looked closer and he said yep its a small patch. I again asked the salesman, he said to his knowledge it hadn't been patched.

Other then this small patch I couldn't find anything wrong with the boat. I'm wondering if the patch will effect the hull warranty? I'm finding out about the financing tomorrow, pending the results of that I'm planning on purchasing. They are asking $25K for it, does anybody think that I should ask them to lower it since it has a small patch? I still think it is a good deal at $25K, but now I'm questioning whether to purchase at all.

BoatingTexas 04-05-2010 06:47 PM

Bought it, hope I made a good decision. :yes_grin:

Dredd 04-05-2010 08:25 PM

Congrats! Hopefully it's a little less windy down there than it is up here so you can get out and enjoy it.

ShabahZ280 04-06-2010 01:39 PM

Congrats!!! A small patch shouldn't be a big deal, although I'm not sure how it would be handled by Sea Fox's warranty department. You might want to give them a call? But seriously, if it's just a minor blemish I wouldn't worry about it, and I'd enjoy the boat as much as possible! Make sure and post some pics for us! :wink_thumbup:

dudders 04-06-2010 06:15 PM

Congratulations on your purchase, just the right time for you to start enjoying it.
With that patch on your bow, perhaps sometime down the track you can get it re-done.
I had to have a repair to mine (after a tree fell on it) and it came back perfect. Couldnt see where the damage was, or the repair was done.
Some thing to look at if it is annoying, or of some concern.
Isnt there a web site in the States you can go to that tells you if boats have been in accidents?

Happy boating mate.
Love the SX 25's.