The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Sea Fox - Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/)
-   -   2005 19sx wont start...Please Help (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/3203-2005-19sx-wont-start-please-help.html)

jmay 08-17-2009 04:14 PM

2005 19sx wont start...Please Help

OK....i am a 1st time boat owner so forgive my ignorance.

Just got boat out of the shop on Saturday.
1. New Gimmel bearing
2. New ujoints
3. Gaskets
4. Depth Finder
5. Prop re balanced
6. Bellows

Took boat out yesterday ran 20 mins, lost power and would not start. Friend took me to boat dock with battery. Battery was determined bad at part store, so bought new battery. Once installed boat would still not start and somehow how power was drained from battery, radio would not work or anything. Took battery back to part store, was determined to be a good battery with 98% life.

Could a bad starter cause the battery to drain?..Postive terminal was really hot.

Please Help!

SEMIJim 08-18-2009 12:28 AM

Re: 2005 19sx wont start...Please Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmay (Post 17727)
Could a bad starter cause the battery to drain?..Postive terminal was really hot.

The positive terminal on the battery was very hot? Yeah, there's a big-time load goin' on somewhere.

I wonder if your starter relay is stuck closed and your starter motor seized-up?

When you say she "won't start," what happens when you turn the key? Anything?

What happens when you connect/disconnect the battery cables? You get a spark? Shouldn't happen.

Jim

jmay 08-18-2009 02:51 PM

No spark..
When I turn the key over it clicks (was clicking, see below)
I applied only the the main pos & neg terminal to tthe battery last night and engine turned over
I then applied each existing terminal one at a time and the engine continued to turn over. Left everything hooked up thru the night and it is still turning over this morning?..........I am not sure what to do at this point

I thought my depth finder was alarming? Would there be another alarm the boat?

Thanks for the help!

Jeremy

95Z212 08-18-2009 04:28 PM

There's an alarm that monitors oil pressure, engine overtemp and low drive lube. If you have the key in run and the engine's not running, the alarm circuit is going to sense no oil pressure and sound off.

Not 100% positive if this applies to the new mariah's but I would assume. But we know what assuming does :rolleyes:

jmay 08-22-2009 01:48 AM

ok boat will turn over,but;
was draining oil cause it was over filled, which confused me. DRAINED OIL AND IT APPEARS IT HAS WATER IN IT! What are my options??

gasket
block
intake
???

WetWilly 08-29-2009 05:24 AM

Hi jmay,

Unless the motor was not winterized properly, then I would look at the exhaust manifolds and exhaust flappers first, I doubt the intake is your problem and unless where was water left in the block during the winter, the block should be fine too.

WetWilly

travelmike123 03-23-2015 06:26 PM

Hot POS terminal can be indication of bad ground on accessory. Check all ground wires for corrosion.