The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Prop Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/prop-talk/)
-   -   Planing issue (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/prop-talk/8346-planing-issue.html)

lumbercitybravest 06-22-2013 07:56 PM

Planing issue

Just filled the gas tank (on the water) and I couldn't get the boat to plane out with 4 adults (2 men, 2 women) on board with a full tank. It was fairly windy, 95 Davanti with a 305. Prop is original 3 blade prop, unsure on pitch but it is factory. We moved the girls to in between the front seats and it planed out right away. I figured it was probably a weight issue, i filled from half tank to full tank. Didnt have an issue with a half tank. Would a 4 blade prop solve this issue?

mikeyt 06-22-2013 08:52 PM

Re: Planing issue

Possibly but we do need to know what prop (dia x pitch) is on there now. The other thing that will help even more is a set of Smart Tabs. If you do a site search (top right corner of your screen) you will find numerous threads discussing their benefits.

Other than those two items the only other thing i can think of is stop eating all those Big Macs.... ;)

nglauer 06-23-2013 01:55 AM

x2 on the Smart Tabs - you won't believe the improvement and installation is super easy. I think they are probably one of the best investment you can make for your boat.

Nick

lumbercitybravest 06-23-2013 10:59 AM

Thanks I will take a look at the smart tabs...and Mikey is probably the newly offered Poutine at the local ball park thats doing it!

Once I get the boat out of the water next week, I will post the Prop info.

mikeyt 06-23-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumbercitybravest (Post 45705)
...and Mikey is probably the newly offered Poutine at the local ball park thats doing it!

:rolling_laugh::rolling_laugh:

Hijo202 06-24-2013 10:03 AM

Smart tabs!!! Put them on my Talari and took it out last weekend...man what a difference!!!

lumbercitybravest 06-26-2013 11:16 AM

soooo I pulled her out of the water today annnnnd BAM! bent prop. We keep it in the water a majority of the time, and where we keep it is pretty shallow bc of the power authority sucking down water levels at night.....Could I use the trailer button as I approach to get the outdrive up and away from the bottom? Also what is factory pitch diameter for my boat....95 Davanti 225 with a 305/Alpha....

lumbercitybravest 06-26-2013 11:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
heres some pics....also note the broken "fin" under the prop....

mikeyt 06-26-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumbercitybravest (Post 45853)
Could I use the trailer button as I approach to get the outdrive up and away from the bottom?

Yes unless you prefer to keep replacing props.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumbercitybravest (Post 45853)
Also what is factory pitch diameter for my boat....95 Davanti 225 with a 305/Alpha....

Again, what prop (dia x pitch) is on the boat now? "factory pitch" depended on where the boat was being delivered to as higher elevations required different pitch props.

Andy b 06-26-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumbercitybravest (Post 45854)
also note the broken "fin" under the prop....

"Skeg"