The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Prop Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/prop-talk/)
-   -   High Five (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/prop-talk/5273-high-five.html)

grommett 03-25-2011 09:11 PM

High Five

Hi
I've just bought a used 19p High Five through the classifieds, expecting to get it on monday.

I currently use a 19p aluminium and have wanted tp upgrade to stainless for some time, but never been sure which prop to get and I didnt want to make a very expensive mistake. However, at this price I thought it was a risk worth taking. I just wondered if anyone else has experience of using a 19p high five on a 20' bowrider with a 350 mag or similar and what effect it had on performance.

I will probably get the balance checked before I fit it, and possibly also a prop lock (any recommendations?)

It looks like tomorrow will be the first outing of the season so I will be able to compare the difference next week.

Cheers Grommett

mikeyt 03-26-2011 12:24 AM

Re: High Five

I haven't had any experience with the High 5 but you should see a performance improvement both at low/midrange speeds and possibly a slight mph gain because of its agressive rake. There are a couple of other members here that have gone the High 5 rouite so hopefully they will see this & chime in with their thoughts.

stv#92 03-26-2011 05:07 PM

I have a 19,(almost 20ft.) Shabah, with a 4.3 6V

I run a high five 19"
These are great props, pulls like no other.
Great for skiing, tubing or alot of people in the boat.

Problem: I bump the rev.limter with it and only have a v6.

If you have a v8, I would have a prop guy pitch it out to a 21"

I think you will also hit the rev. limiter (around 5000 rpms)
Mine will run 5000rpms, 50mph

But great prop, wish mine had a little higher pitch. :wink_thumbup:

Hope this helps,
Jeff

grommett 03-26-2011 06:43 PM

I had my boat out today with the old aluminium 3 blade 19". Unfortunatly, the guys who replaced the transom assembly thought they had also fixed a subsequent problem with the trim switch/sender but when I went out today the trim stopped working so I spent most of the day with the drive all the way down. Still it was very calm and I only got 45mph at 4,800 rpm. I think this indicates a bigger pitch would be better but I'll see how I get on with the 19" High 5 first. At the price I paid, I didnt mind taking the risk of the pitch not being right.

mikeyt 03-27-2011 12:33 AM

Having the drive trimmed properly will add an extra 2-3mph on you boat so get that fixed first. I dont recommend 'bumping' the rev limits on your motor. If you have a 350 MAG with the Alpha outdrive then the range is 4600-5000 while the B1 outdrive range is 4800-5200rpm at WOT while the 4.3L is 4400-4800. Keeping it within that range avoids excessive wear/tear and gas consumption unless of course you have deep pockets. ;)

scubydo 04-01-2011 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grommett (Post 27990)
I had my boat out today with the old aluminium 3 blade 19". Unfortunatly, the guys who replaced the transom assembly thought they had also fixed a subsequent problem with the trim switch/sender but when I went out today the trim stopped working so I spent most of the day with the drive all the way down. Still it was very calm and I only got 45mph at 4,800 rpm. I think this indicates a bigger pitch would be better but I'll see how I get on with the 19" High 5 first. At the price I paid, I didnt mind taking the risk of the pitch not being right.

:wink_thumbup: If the 19 " High Five doesn't work for you, I'd be interested in buying it from you.
Let me know. email is [email protected]
Thanks, Kris.

kelster1574 04-01-2011 02:10 PM

That's the prop I plan on putting on mine. Upgrading from a 17P 3 Blade Aluminum. I have one on my Outboard (Bass Boat) and it's awesome, you plane fast and it handles rough water great.

spinks99 04-02-2011 12:26 AM

Hey Grommet,

I have the high-five. I have a 5.0L LX V8. Mine is a 21 pitch. Great planing ability but i can hit 5000 RPM too easily. My mechanic said I have a 1.65 to 1 outdrive from the factory. It should have a 1.5 that is why I am pitched up a little. I think you will be happy, but I am a little leary of your 19P.

Let me know how it goes. I can hit 50 by myself and about 45 loaded up.

I also have a 19P 4 blade Stilleto if anyone is interested. Great prop but too small a pitch for my boat.
$150 (new $400)
Danny

dwmax 04-06-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinks99 (Post 28163)
Hey Grommet,

I have the high-five. I have a 5.0L LX V8. Mine is a 21 pitch. Great planing ability but i can hit 5000 RPM too easily. My mechanic said I have a 1.65 to 1 outdrive from the factory. It should have a 1.5 that is why I am pitched up a little. I think you will be happy, but I am a little leary of your 19P.

Let me know how it goes. I can hit 50 by myself and about 45 loaded up.

I also have a 19P 4 blade Stilleto if anyone is interested. Great prop but too small a pitch for my boat.
$150 (new $400)
Danny

How did that Stilleto do on your boat i am looking for something that is better on my boat for lower rpms for wakeboarding ??????? I am interested in the prop for that reason and how much would shipping be thanks

spinks99 04-08-2011 01:32 AM

Hi Darrel,

The prop works great and I really can't tell the difference from the 19P stilleto and the 21P High Five. The only difference is a lower engine WOT RPM.

I don't know how to ship anything. I have never done it before over the internet. I was hoping you knew.

Danny