The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Projects (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/)
-   -   Mariah SX18 equipped with action cam (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/9611-mariah-sx18-equipped-action-cam.html)

Danish Mariah SX 18 Owner 07-10-2014 08:42 PM

Mariah SX18 equipped with action cam

Just finished my latest DIY project,
I wanted to improve my days on the water with some great camera shots, and films in HD.
So this year i purchased an action camera, and fixed it to my bimini support poles. on my Mariah SX18.

but after some boat trips, and cameras shots, i came on the idea to make an remote controlled pan & tilt bracket for the action camera and install that on the Mariah.
and control it by a Wii nunchuck.

some will ask why?
Well just for fun, and to challenge my creative side, and learning some new stuff in the process ;)
and i had just finished another DIY project, equipping the Mariah with solar charge system.

GoPro Pan & Tilt system controlled by wii nunchuck - YouTube

ipgregory 07-10-2014 08:50 PM

Re: Mariah SX18 equipped with action cam

Nice.

Interested in hearing more on the solar charge system?

Danish Mariah SX 18 Owner 07-10-2014 09:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Ian,

Im having my boat stored on a trailer between boat trips, and during off season. the storage location of boat and trailer does not have access to power, so therefore i wanted to ensure that the batteries always was 100% charged and ready for next boat trip.

The solution was to buy a flexible solar panel and attach this to the transport cover with some clic locks, to make its easy to disconnect and to stow away in the car during boat trips.
of course, and for safety i installed a solar charge controller just in case.

I will post some more pictures in a separate tread later on.

here is a picture of the solar panel installed when the boat is on its storage place, and the Steca solar charger installed under the port side rear seat.

Some will say its a bit over sized, expencive and overkill with the steca controller,
but i newer compromise safety i a boat with gasoline.
and I' bought this controller because i want to remote monitor the charge status and failure alarms, in the future.
thats my next project for the winter :)

ColoradoDiablo 07-10-2014 11:06 PM

Nice addition Danish.
I like it a lot.:wink_thumbup:

ipgregory 07-10-2014 11:48 PM

Sweet. Looking forward to your solar write up.

Danish Mariah SX 18 Owner 08-01-2014 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
Just as a short follow up on my last tread, and the sub topic regarding my Solar charging system project.

I Just added a Electrical diagram, to my post, regarding solar charging system,
see pdf. file. placed together with the two photos of the solar panel and solar charge regulator
or attached to this post.

Please note its not a complete diagram of the wiring on my boat!

Firestone 05-29-2016 06:27 AM

Nice set up. How did it do over the last few years?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Danish Mariah SX 18 Owner 05-29-2016 08:24 AM

My action cam system works fine, i have upgraded with optional bluetooth wii nunchack control instead of cable
and the system is made more compact so that all electronic components are now build into the base of the system.
and the mounting bracket is changed too.
i just made a new video of the new setup yesterday i will try to upload it later.

the solar system that i mention in the tread also works fine after some years of use
im in the process of building remote monitoring for the solar charge status and other info.

Here is the short video clip of the new upgraded version, the system is running its automatic upstart program

Firestone 05-31-2016 01:29 PM

Wow that is sweet!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk