The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Projects (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/)
-   -   Winter Upgrades (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/7493-winter-upgrades.html)

Oregondunes 10-04-2012 05:28 PM

Winter Upgrades

Who is planning some cosmetic up grades this winter. I know I am. Here is my list:

1. Remodel rear seat to include built in cooler, enclosed sub-woofer enclosure and replace cracked vinyl seat cushions

2. R&R motor. freshen entire engine (rings, bearings, seals). Upgrades to include MAG/HO intake, Big valve heads, roller rockers, roller lifters, roller cam, bigger oil pan. Re-Map ECU and increase rev limit from 4400-5200. Install EMI headers with captains call diverters and CORSA oval (OEM) tips.

3. R&R outdrive. freshen all seals and bearings. Im going to polish to a mirror finish the lower unit and powder coat the upper pieces factory mercury gloss black. Install new 28p props.

4. Install swim step from Swim Platform Super Store. Weve ordered the latest design (dual corner ladders)l 88" wide and 36" deep with LED lights underneath

5. R&R windshield. Im powder coating all the frame work white to match the boat for a more "current" styling effect. Ill be tinting the windows slightly as well.

6. Some sort of color above the water line. Don't know what it's gonna be (paint or vinyl wrap) or how mild-wild it will be either. (this will be the last thing before spring next year)

I have to say without a doubt this is the nicest boat weve ever owned. The wife is very happy it's never broke down on us and just about every time were out in it, we get a compliment.

mikeyt 10-04-2012 06:14 PM

Re: Winter Upgrades

That's an ambitious but doable list over the cold months. Hope it all goes well!

GregT 10-04-2012 07:07 PM

Wow! all I can say is post tons of pictures. You have my dream boat and just keep making it better so at least give me somthing to look at! :D

Oregondunes 10-04-2012 07:38 PM

Im probably going to ditch the micro, build a pair of matching doors as below the fridge and use the cubby where the micro was for something. the micro has NEVER been used and dont think we ever will. The storage space to me is more important.

My wife said we could display the 300 bottle of sunscreen we on board.

ColoradoDiablo 10-05-2012 10:52 PM

Definately shoot pics Oregon.
I'd love to see her custom appointments as I'm sure alot of other members would :)

Larry

Oregondunes 10-06-2012 03:51 AM

Ill be documenting it's transformation every step of the way

csterner 10-06-2012 04:00 AM

Just curious...how much is the corsa system gonna run ya? Corsa quoted me a few months back like $1,000 for the diverters with Y pipe. I already have the hull tips, wiring, and switch installed, so I just need the diverter and Y pipe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oregondunes 10-06-2012 05:28 AM

Im trying to piece it together used. Im shooting for under $750 total.

Rynovw 11-23-2012 09:32 PM

Oregon
I noticed in a gallery pic you have what looks like a frig were the TV goes was that there when you got it or did you add it? I'd like to remove the microwave and add frig.
where do i find one and how was the install
I'd ask someone this question before but can't find the reply

Oregondunes 11-23-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rynovw (Post 40352)
Oregon
I noticed in a gallery pic you have what looks like a frig were the TV goes was that there when you got it or did you add it? I'd like to remove the microwave and add frig.
where do i find one and how was the install
I'd ask someone this question before but can't find the reply

it was there before me. i plan to also remove the micro since weve never used it in two years yet. i will make a couple of doors that look like those under the fridge to cover the whole and store sunscreen there