The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Projects (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/)
-   -   Thru Hull or captians choice exhaust (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/5255-thru-hull-captians-choice-exhaust.html)

99Z242 03-21-2011 05:18 PM

Thru Hull or captians choice exhaust

I have been searching thru the forums for people that have thru hull exhaust and where i could buy a kit. The only thing that i see is that Corsa is pretty much the only place where i can buy a bolt on kit, however has anyone made there own?

My plan is to basically reverse engineer their system and do it myself, If anyone has any schematics or plans they could help me out with in the design, and comments on how we could improve upon there system that would be great.

My application is a 1999 Z242 bravo III merc 350

Thank you,

Steve

PS if interested contact me via email - [email protected]

rajjneef 03-21-2011 07:37 PM

Re: Thru Hull or captians choice exhaust

Corsa quoted me $2200 for the kit. A bit much so I am looking around a bit for other options as well.

99Z242 03-21-2011 11:36 PM

ouch... i did some research you can get a set of tips for around 150 and a linear actuator for about 100 bucks... all that you would have to do then is fab up the diverters and plum it... i havnt had a chance to do the measuring yet but can we have our tips hidden under the stock platform above the out drive unit?.... after talking to some of the fabricators at work this project seems pretty simple... but yet again .. dont they all haha

Oregondunes 03-22-2011 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99Z242 (Post 27868)
ouch... i did some research you can get a set of tips for around 150 and a linear actuator for about 100 bucks... all that you would have to do then is fab up the diverters and plum it... i havnt had a chance to do the measuring yet but can we have our tips hidden under the stock platform above the out drive unit?.... after talking to some of the fabricators at work this project seems pretty simple... but yet again .. dont they all haha

do a nationwide search on craigslist for corsa, captains call and silent choice. there you will find several systems and diverters for sale.

I use SearchTempest - The EASY way to search Craigslist

mSignal 03-22-2011 05:12 PM

Try www.statewidelist.com it is a craigslist search by entire state tool. Easy as it gets. I use it everyday. :)

Lists eBay results also.

Brupa 03-28-2011 08:19 PM

I found these on e-bay, I believe it is the same system that is on my boat. Seems like a good price.
* CORSA P64800 BOAT EXHAUST DIVERTER KIT - eBay (item 400151069521 end time Apr-02-11 09:17:54 PDT)

Bruce

rajjneef 03-28-2011 11:05 PM

I've looked over those on e-bay as well. They have different part numbers and also dont include some pieces in the kit that Corsa quoted me direct on. Makes me a little nervous to shell out that kind of money plus I have heard of others finding them cheaper (even from the same source) over the years.

ShabahZ280 03-29-2011 01:28 AM

Yes, but those are OEM Mariah Corsa kits. That particular one is for a Z245 and Z250 model with the small block V8. Great Lakes Skipper carries all OEM parts as they purchase parts from the factories at closeouts or liquidation auctions. Personally if it were me, I'd consider spending a little extra coin on a manufacturer recommended or OEM kit rather than trying to cobble one together from various parts on a small budget. To each their own though!

rajjneef 03-29-2011 02:14 AM

I know what you mean Chris but over 2g is pretty expensive. If it were a brand new $50,000 boat then fine but at its age now that's big money to sink into it. $2000 will buy a lot of gas... Oh wait.. Nevermind. LOL

ShabahZ280 03-29-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajjneef (Post 28076)
$2000 will buy a lot of gas...

I know the feeling, that's why I gave up on trying to put thru hull exhaust on mine. Yes, I like the noise, and might gain something once from the extra 1-2mph it opens up on the top end, but in the long run, it just didn't seem practical at all. I decided to put that money into gas instead. Maybe the next boat will have it already installed. :D